Let's get out of here (chapter 24)

Delirious POV

I looked at everyone, knowing how concerned they were for me. From there I didn't know what else to do or say to make anyone feel better. We all lost hope once we realized how bad and dangerous our situation was. There was nothing I can do except sit down and think.

"What if we put on a disguise? No, the monster ain't stupid. How about- no no no no. That just won't work. Damn it! What to do?" I continued to think hoping an idea will burst into my brain. Baby paced bavk and forth from me to Evan. She knew how stressed I was so once she paced back to us three times, she just remained by my side.

While I continued to think I then remembered about the vents that the house had. They were pretty big and we can all crawl in it safely. I'm sure they were too small for the creature to fit in, it'll probably chase us anyways. It was the best chance we had of escaping well at least to my memories.

"Alright! I got an idea!" I shouted "The vents that you guys tumbled from, we are going back up there!" Everyone looked at me like I was crazy...I mean of course I am. I'm fucking Delirious! No one said anything so I started to assume that they were either agreeing with me or doubting me.

"Jonathan, you gotta think about this. If we're in the vents then how are we going to know which way we're going?" Cartoonz questioned.

"No, no now wait." Teddy began "Jonathan has a good plan going and yes, Cartoonz you have a point about the sense of direction but think about it. Memories are basically all in your head and what's in your head? Your brain. Where is the brain located?" Ted waited for someone to answer him. So I volunteered to probably get the answer wrong.

"The very top level of your body?"

"Exactly Jonathan! Thank you." Teddy exclaimed "so we just keep going up, but I must warn you we will have to get out of out previous vent and go find another. This house is bigger than it appears."

I nodded and then I turned to everyone

"Well, we all agree with this plan or what?"

"Hell, why not? It's the best thing we got right now unless anyone else can think up another plan?" Tyler said as he looked at Evan and Cartoonz. Baby suddenly started to growl and then we all heard the sloshing sound. I motion for Baby to come to me and then I grabbed Teddy in the process.

"Everyone hide!" He said as I ran in the vent. There weren't as much hiding places so they all followed behind me. We waited to see the creature until we noticed it wasn't the same twig creature. It was a tall skinny man wearing a fedora ( I think) and a over coat. He was like a silhouette or a shadow.

"Shit." I said quietly "Then where did that sloshing sound come from?" All of a sudden the twig monster came out of nowhere and met up with the shadow man.

"Ah, fuck! " Evan quietly yelled. We knew we weren't going to get out of this easily. We watched the creatures stand next to each other and walked away.

"Alright nows our chance." Teddy said, we went on our way.

"Weird," I started "the vent seems bigger than I imagined."

"Yes you're right Jonathan." Teddy also noticed the huge change in room space. It felt like we were getting smaller and smaller. Suddenly I noticed my clothes changed. I wasn't wearing my blue goodie and pants. I was wearing a onsie,  then I looked at everyone else.

Evan was a baby, so was Cartoonz, Tyler even Baby was a baby (pup). No one besides me was paying attention.

"Teddy! What the fuck is going on?!" I shouted. Everyone looked at me and then said

"JONATHAN! YOU'RE A BABY!"

"So are you guys!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!" We all screamed and shouted but Teddy tried to calm us down.

"Shush! We can't let them know we're here." Suddenly all got quiet. We paid close attention to the noises outside. Nothing.

"Alright," Teddy began "I honestly don't know why you all turned into babies, but whatever the reason is don't get distracted by it."

"How can we not get distracted??? We just went from adults to babies!" Evan called out.

"Yeah I mean why babies? Why not toddlers or kids?" Tyler was pouting by himself after saying that. Cartoonz didn't say anything as he was twiddling with his fingers. I, myself didn't know how to respond to the sudden change, but I remained quiet.

"Like I said before, I don't understand why you guys changed but you did so let's just cope with it now and let's head up." Teddy ended the conversation and motion for all of us to move along. We could all tell this was going to be a VERY long journey.

As we ventured up the vents, I realized it was much easier being a baby. Sometimes the vents got narrow to where if we were still adults then we could have never continued on.

"Teddy, do you think we're close?" I asked.

"Maybe, but we're going to have to get out of these vents and see for ourselves." He replied. Teddy walked in front of me and I followed him. There was another opening that we could actually open without a struggle.

"Alright, be careful everyone. It's going to be dangerous down there." Teddy was the first to jump down, then me, Evan, Cartoonz, Tyler and Baby. We were in a hallway. There were some doors leading to who knows where, but it all looked familiar.

"I don't think this is working Teddy." All of a sudden the sloshing sound came from behind us.

"Oh god." I grabbed Teddy, and tried to get on my two legs but since I was a baby I had a hard time getting up.

Evan and the others had the same problem.

"Guys hurry." I started to crawl thinking I was wasting too much time. The others followed and we crawled for our lives. The sloshing sound got closer and closer, not matter how fast I tried to crawl the noise was so loud that I was too terrified to look back.

"C'mon. Hurry up!" I thought to myself. Panic and fear were the only things I was feeling and it did not feel very good.

"Jonathan wait up. You're going too fast." Evan whispered.

"Pick up the pace then." I decided to just stay in the cabinet close to a door. I made enough room to fit all of of us inside and then closed it. I sight kept it open to see if the monster was going to pass by us. Just as I thought, there it was. One hug foot stopped on the ground and continued walking.

"Now what? The twig thing is down here with us. How are we going to leave without getting caught by that other monster?" Tyler asked frantically. I had nothing, neither did Teddy. Everyone looked at each other scared and terrified.

"Well we gotta play hide and seek then." I suddenly said.

"What?" All eyes were on me.

"I mean, we have places to hide. It's just a big, scary game of hide and seek. We just gotta be stealthy." It sounded silly, but that's how I portrayed it. We just had to be more careful.

"Well? Are we up for it or no?" I looked at everyone. They knew this was a start, everyone nodded in agreement. Soon we were going to face danger and hopefully make it out.

"Let's get out of here."