Chapter 4

Xavier furrowed his brows and cocked his head. "What do you mean by that?" he asked curiously. "Why do you think what he did causes more harm than good?"

I stayed silent and tossed my water bottle to one of my group members after I made sure that the cap was on. After that, I wrapped my arms around myself and held myself tight.

"Cass?" Xavier asked and glanced at me from the corner of his eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Ok, so... there is this guy... that I really want to meet again," I said, not knowing what to tell him. "And... my uncle doesn't want me to meet him again."

Xavier stayed silent but raised an eyebrow in question. His heart stayed at its normal pace, and I had no idea what he was feeling. He didn't give me any clues with his behavior, and it sucked because I was normally good at reading people.

"Again?" he asked, finally, and I nodded. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well, as I told you, I'm an Alpha Beta. I deal with all the shit that goes on at base or off of base. One of my duties includes bringing "bad" people to the king so that he could interrogate them. These people are sometimes labeled as "High Threats," even though more times than not, they aren't."

"Then why are they labeled as "High Threats?"" Xavier asked, and I shrugged.

"Hell if I know," I replied. "I've lived through the system, and I still don't get it."

"What do you mean by that?" Xavier asked, and I sighed and looked at him.

"There is a reason why I said that you should be afraid of me, Xavier," I said and looked away, seriously. I licked my lips and cleared my throat, feeling hesitant. "I'm Feral," I said, finally, not looking at him, "and an Alpha."

"Ok...?" Xavier asked, and I could tell that he wanted me to continue.

"I have horrible anger issues," I said, "and can be thought of as dangerous." I shrugged. "The medicine that you saw me take helps me control my wolf. When both of our angers are through the roof, then it could cause a lot of harm to someone."

I licked my lips and cleared my throat. "I'm labeled as a "High Threat," Xavier," I said, my voice barely above a whisper. "I was six when I was brought in because I am feral, and... ya." I shrugged and cleared my throat again. "It wasn't supposed to happen, me being labeled as a High Threat, but it had happened."

Xavier nodded and stayed silent.

After a while, he cleared his throat and moved a hand through his hair. "So... you wanted to meet this guy..." he said, changing the subject, and I looked at him, grateful that he wouldn't push me until I was comfortable. "Was he labeled as a "High Threat?""

I nodded. "He was," I confirmed. I shrugged. "However, he shouldn't have been labeled as one." I paused and cleared my throat. "You see, when I first met him, I thought he shouldn't have been in the cell, to begin with, but in a hospital bed." I shook my head and sighed. "He was so skinny, so thin that I thought he could die at any minute.

"He could barely stand and was so weak that it was hard for him to even get to the king without help even without the collar and cuffs that each prisoner had to have one."

"Who helped him?" Xavier asked.

"I did," I replied. I shook my head and smiled bitterly at the memory. "Charlie and I were supposed to get him together, but Charlie had decided to be a dumbass and complain about going to get him and said my name out loud."

"What?" Xavier asked, and I looked at him to see that he was shocked. His eyes were wide, and his mouth was agape, and I couldn't help the small smile that wanted to take over my face because he looked so comical. "You got mad at him for saying your name?"