Chapter 10

"So, why aren't you two at the party?" May asked, changing the subject. She looked at me and moved slightly to indicate that she wanted to put me down.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Gee," I said sarcastically and hopped out of her arms. "You don't need to tell me that I'm fat, May."

She snorted and rolled her eyes. "Answer the question, Dummy," she said. "Why aren't you at the party?"

I scowled and folded my arms across my chest. "My uncle pissed me off," I said. I glanced at Xavier to see him staring at us with a blank look on his face before I looked at May. "I don't know why Xavier left the party, but I ran into him and then invited him to come with me."

"Really now?" May asked and raised an eyebrow. She grinned and looked between us. "Why did you run into him?" she asked, turning her gaze back to me. "Were there sparks?"

I shook my head, no, indicating that there weren't sparks, and earned a "secret" glance between the two Guardsmen. "He was outside and standing on the other side of the double doors. I didn't know, opened the doors, and walked out only to land on my ass." I rubbed my nose and grimaced. "My nose still hurts." I looked at Xavier and pouted, and he raised an eyebrow and stayed silent.

"No, it doesn't," Sergio said, and I looked at him. He scowled, amusement filling his eyes. "Stop being a baby."

I rolled my eyes. "I am still the baby of the group," I pointed out, and he shrugged.

"You'll be the baby for life," Sergio said, and I shrugged because that was the truth. "How'd your uncle piss you off this time?"

"He forbade me to find out who my mystery man is. I don't know how he knows who he is, but..." I shrugged and grimaced. "I'm not sure that Uncle Sebastian told him or not."

"Even if he did, it shouldn't matter," May said. "What does your other uncle think of your mystery man?"

I shrugged. "I don't know," I replied. "He's MIA at the moment, or he'll be late again."

"Your other uncle?" Xavier asked, and I nodded. "Who is your other uncle?"

"Well, I have three other uncles and one aunt, but only one of them has "claimed" me as their niece." I shrugged and grimaced because I did not want to go into detail as to why only one of my family members wanted to claim me as family. "That's Alpha Brody LeBlanc of Pack Blanc du Sud, or South White Pack."

Xavier's face paled slightly, and his eyes grew wide. He studied me to make sure that I wasn't lying, and I made sure to keep my face neutral, even though I was amused at his reaction.

"Her uncle is Brody LeBlanc," Sergio confirmed, and Xavier looked at him. "However you have nothing to worry about because Brody is a hell of a lot kinder than Bryson."

"But he is scarier," May said, "when he is mad." She glanced at me. "But I think that Cass is scarier than them combined." She grinned, and I rolled my eyes and scowled.

"You haven't seen her scary scary yet," Sergio pointed out, and she shrugged. "That's when you are glad that the pants and boxers are made for urinating in, and others not knowing that you did." He shrugged. "They are good for defecating in, too."

I gave him a weirded out look, disgusted and yet, intrigued. "Eew," I said, and he shrugged. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you are the scariest thing that I know, Cass," he replied. "You've scared the literal shit out of me, and I had no control of it."

"Ok, moving on from that graphic image," May said, and Sergio rolled his eyes and scowled. "What do you think your uncle is going to say about your mystery man, or do you think he knows?"