Part Two Preview / Chapter Sixteen

I saw you before you saw me.

        It wasn't when you think, George. It's true that I saw you first at the airport, and when we met all those years ago. However, that wasn't the first time I saw you. If we are going to reveal our thoughts and feelings and other bullshit to each other, you need to know. 

        Do you remember that one night in November? You were only seventeen, and I was fourteen. Even back then I was bigger in size. You were in the park, and I was there with my family on vacation. It was dark, but a certain noise dragged me to a corner of the woods. 

        It was then I saw you for the first time. You were with someone, and I thought it was just another annoying high school couple. It wasn't until I heard your tiny cries for help and whimpers that I knew something was wrong.

        The guy was towering over you, and you were desperately squirming beneath him. You were in trouble. You were being- well you should remember. He had your fists held down by the wrist and it clearly was hurting you. I had to do something. 

        I pulled the stranger off of you, and through all of my strength into his face with punch after punch after punch. You crawled backward a tiny bit with tears in your eyes, staring at me astonished. That was when I knew I had to protect people from people like that. I had to protect you from people like that.

        I spent the rest of my vacation trying to figure out who you were. I didn't succeed. It wasn't until years later when we met through our platforms and everything that fate or whatever you want to call it brought us together. 

        Don't get me wrong, I know it all sounds psychotic in a way. I'll admit, I was back then. Eventually I found the veranda. The desert. The calm in the middle of the storm that was my life. 

        There is a lot more to say from my side of the story. A lot more history and stories to tell. 

        As a start, you and I need to get two points straight.

        One. I never wanted to hurt you.

        And two. I loved you.

Total Word Count: 389