6

Mia's POV

--------------------

Ahead of me is a town. City. Whatever. That doesn't matter because it is in the trees. Every building sized tree-yes, most are that big, some as big as giant redwoods- have doors that blend into the tree, but no windows from what I can see. There are huge branches jutting out from them, and I notice that every tree is connected by at least one branch. My eyes almost pop out of my skull as I figure out that the small dots walking on the branches, from tree to tree, are people. Just walking on a branch 100, 200, 300 feet in the air with no railing, in the winter. No biggie. 

Jesus.

Some of the trees are plain, but some have elegant, intricate carvings in the bark. They look so pretty I would stay out here all day just to admire each one if I could. I also don't miss that the smaller trees that don't have doors contain houses that look connected to the tree. They sit on the side of the tree on its huge branches, with spiral staircases and rope walkways leading down to the ground and from house to house.

All of the houses are made with the same smooth or carved wood, but it doesn't look tacky. It looks absolutely breathtaking. It's also hard to miss the hammocks hanging from some tree branches, no safety net. Just people lying in hammocks so high in the air that a fall would surely lead to death. It's also hard to comprehend the small dots of people I see swinging around the trees like monkeys, seeming to have no worries whatsoever of climbing to the very tops of them, or walking on tightrope sized pathways to cute little spots on the branches, like the hammocks or branches with wooden chairs and tables that look out over the rest of the glowing city. And the glow. The ground and the trees have beautiful glass-covered lanterns on posts, hanging from branches, or attached to the trees' trunks. They have an orange-yellow glow, but it feels warm and cozy, not dark and gross like yellow lights back home sometimes felt.

Not everything is in the trees either. There are multiple buildings on the ground, mostly just small little cottage sized shops and houses, all situated around the trees. Mossy stones under my feet make paths that branch off and head in every direction, to every tree and building as far as I can see, but also leaving room for small parks, waterfalls with intricate and lovely carved stone centerpieces, made more beautiful with the sparkling snow and small, regular sized trees, some bare and some covered in a rainbow assortment of elegant wind chimes that clink together in the breeze, creating a heavenly melody that makes me smile. Everything about this place screams cozy and beautiful and... magical.

The people definitely add to that.

As I focus more on the people, I make the conclusion that it is part of their... elf culture? To have long hair. Every single elf I see has long hair, either completely down or mostly down with fancy braids like Knox. The hair color ranges from white-blond to black. Everyone has the same pointy ears, and they all seem to walk with a grace and assuredness that immediately makes you think highly of them, but they still seem nice enough to approach.

I also notice that the clothing I saw on Knox, the clothing I thought was so weird, is the norm here. Every boy elf I see- and you would think with all long hair it would be hard to differentiate, but its actually not- is wearing a similar tunic, pants, cloak look that Knox has going on, or just plain pants (I definitely don't see any jeans) and shirts that all look like they are from a long time ago style-wise. The girls seem to either wear a top and skirt, most flowy- but some tight- pants and fitted tops, or, as I see most of the girls and women wearing here, beautiful long dresses with intricate sewing and jewels, and warm cloaks to cover it all. The dresses remind me of the dresses they wore a long time ago, like renaissance, but much more flowy, nature themed, colored, an detailed.