Settling Down, and Planning

After leaving Saltpans, Nymeria,  Tysha, Ned, Anguy and the others travelled far and wide, mainly because they had no home. 

Nymeria used to feed on deer and small animals, and from time to time Tysha would capture fishes. Anguy was an excellent archer, and he shot food for them. Ned Dayne was skilled with the sword, but not as his ancestor the Sword of The Morning Arthur Dayne was. He used to go to close up combats with prey.

One day, they were attacked by wolves. Nymeria was able to drive a few away all by herself, and Tysha killed one with her dagger. Anguy shot three more with his arrows, and Ned's steel was out.

When the threat was driven away, no one was hurt. Anguy was unharmed, Nymeria and Tysha had some scratches, and Ned had a short gash in his leg, which wasn't bleeding at all.

But as the days passed, Ned's wound began to inflame. There was days he cried out in pain, and their last horse had died many days ago, so they had to walk.

Finally both Tysha and Anguy came to a decision that Ned could ride on Nymeria.

Nymeria had grown huge by then, as huge as a horse, but  no saddle would fit her. Ned had to ride on her without a fitting seat. He had no pain, but Nymeria experienced some pain carrying him. Still, she grit her teeth and went on.

Many days passed until they decided to build a shack to live in. They were in the middle of the country, somewhere near Moat Cailin, or so Nymeria guessed by the environment. Tysha got logs and wood to build the shack, Nymeria used to roll the logs to the spot. Ned, though hurt, would chop up the logs and give them to Anguy. Anguy was the real builder. He built a beautiful hut, which from seen afar would seem as tall as the Hightower in Oldtown( or so Anguy boasted ).

Tysha and Nymeria had a room to themselves, and Ned and Anguy another. There was a kitchen, with a place for a stove, and another fire was burning in the living room. Tysha liked it very much. She told Nymeria that it reminded her of their old house on the hill. 

After some days, when they were sitting in the common room, Ned brought up the question of where to go.

"We could live here, till our end," suggested Tysha.

"No, sooner or later any soldier will find it, and then we're gone." sighed Anguy. 

"Lord Beric always said the best place to hide was to not hide," piped up Ned.

"That's true, lad," said Anguy. "So where to go?"

Nymeria growled, and looked at Tysha. She understood her, and stood up. "We better go to the Wall or to Dorne," Tysha said.

"Are you joking?" said Anguy, incredulous. "That covers the whole of Westeros. The Wall is in the north, and Dorne in south. Should we travel the whole of Westeros?"

"Actually, Nym here has a dream of visiting all counties in Westeros." said Tysha, looking straight at Nymeria.

"Really?" Anguy looked at Nymeria. Nymeria gave the best nod she could've ever mastered.

"It's decided. The Wall, or Dorne." said Ned. He was the one who was always loving Nymeria, besides Tysha.

"By the environment, I guess we are around Moat Cailin," said Anguy. "The Wall would be closest. So should we start tomorrow?"

Suddenly, Nymeria remembered something. Jon Snow.

She growled, and mimicked Jon as best as she could in front of Tysha. Tysha got it, and said, "Isn't Jon Snow in the Night's Watch? He is the bastard brother of Arya Stark, whom he really loved. If we are to go to the Wall, Nymeria would like to meet him."

"We will meet him, of course," said Anguy. "Last I heard, he was elected the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch."

Then they adjourned. 

"Did you see that, Nym?" whispered Tysha when they were both in bed. "We're going to the Wall."

The next morning, they left.