The Second Battle off Fair Isle

A/N- This is back in Nymeria POV!

Nymeria stood on the prow of the Black Wind, tasting the wind, and waiting. 

Waiting for the Crow's Eye to arrive.

She had liked Pyke, with all its coasts and interesting things, but they had sailed off the next day towards Fair Isle, to await Euron Greyjoy. 

The ships of White Harbor flanked the left, and what remained of Stannis's fleet the right. The middle was occupied by Asha Greyjoy's ships. The White Harbor men could be seen swarming on the deck of their ships like a bunch of flies, and Stannis's men obeyed every command of their ship's captains. 

And the ironborn were very obedient towards Asha. 

Nymeria guessed that it was their nature, to be so obedient. The Black Wind, the ship of Asha, was the ship in the front. 

The men of the Vale were crewed in Stannis's ships, scorpions and arrows aimed. The men under Jon and Sansa were posted on White Harbor's ships. Jon, Sansa, Stannis, and Asha were all on Black Wind, behind Nymeria. Ghost was with her. Shireen and Tysha had been left behind in Pyke.

Suddenly, Nymeria noticed a sudden change in the atmosphere. The wind whined, and a ship's prow appeared from afar.

"That is Silence." said Asha. "May the gods help us."

"Spears out!" Stannis shouted. "Scorpions aimed! Bowmen, notch!"

Jon laid a hand on Stannis's shoulder. "Your Grace, do not waste arrows so fast. Let the enemy come close."

So they waited a little more. 

Behind the Silence came a huge horde of ships. Nymeria could not count them, for there was many.

"Now," said Jon.

"Notch!" shouted Stannis. "Draw.... Loose!" 

A hurricane of arrows went forth from their side, and struck the crew on the other side. Nymeria could see a man dropping dead from the prow of a ship, but eventually many people died.

"Bowmen, fire at will!" said Sansa. Every ship of their side were firing arrows now. Surprisingly, none of the enemy ships fired back.

Then a huge horn blew from the enemy ship Silence

It was so loud that Nymeria's eardrums almost burst. Asha covered her ears, and Stannis grit his teeth. 

Finally the horn stopped. At that moment a scorpion thudded on the prow of the Black Wind, just beside Nymeria's head.

Nymeria howled. 

"Fire the scorpions!" shouted Jon.

While they were busy firing the arrows and the scorpions, they did not realize that the Crow's Eye's ships were moving closer. They only realized when some men slid into the deck of the Black Wind and held a dagger in their hand.

Asha whirled around. "Oh, hello there!" she said, as she threw her knife.

"Charge!" shouted Stannis. He skewered a man through his sword Lightbringer, even as Jon's Longclaw killed another man.

"Grappling hooks out!" shouted Sansa. "Go over to the enemy ships!"

People tried. Some succeeded, but most people failed. They were cut down by the arrows now raining on them. A White Harbor ship tried to ram into Euron Greyjoy's ship, but it was broken in half and all its men drowned.

Nymeria jumped into the water, and swam towards the Silence. She was a strong swimmer, and Ghost accompanied her. When she reached the deck, she instantly bit down on a man's foot.