6. The Beginning

Third-person POV

Perseus Jackson.

A name of a great hero, a person known by both demigods and monsters alike all over the Greek world. He is a demigod son of Poseidon and Hero of Olympus. He had accomplished things other people can only dream about.

At the tender age of twelve, he had prevented a war amongst the Olympians by retrieving and returning Zeus' Master Bolt and Hades' Helm of Darkness, effectively stopping World War Three from ever happening. He had even managed to defeat Ares, the god of war, in a duel. Even though he used his powers over water, it was still no small feat for a child.

He had helped retrieve the Golden Fleece from the Island of Polyphemus the next year, helping Clarrise save the camp by using it to heal the poisoned pine tree that held the magical borders of the camp. He had traversed the Sea of Monsters with his friends and may or may not have been turned into a guinea pig in the process.

The year after that was the first time he had lost someone. He and four others had gone to the Titan's stronghold on Mount Tam in San Fransisco to rescue the goddess Artemis from under the sky. He had even been the one to free Artemis from the burden, holding it in place until Artemis managed to get Atlas back under it. Five had gone on the quest but only three had returned.

Before his fifteenth birthday, he had found a Labyrinth entrance in camp and went with three of his friends into the horrendous maze on a quest to locate the workshop of Daedalus, the creator of the Labyrinth. He single-handedly destroyed the telkhines in Hepheaustus' workshop in Mount Saint Helens by blowing it up and managed to awaken one of the worst threats Olympus has ever faced: Typhon, the father of all monsters. All his friends thought he had died in the explosion but he arrived back in camp in time for his own funeral after recovering on Ogygia. The quest members had returned back into the maze and managed to find Daedalus with the help of a clear-sighted mortal, but had found him too late. They made haste back to camp just in time for the Titan army to invade, only stopping the attack because the Labyrinth was destroyed after Nico di Angelo, a son of Hades, had released the soul of its creator. Many demigods had lost their lives during that battle.

The year the Great Prophecy was meant to be fulfilled, he had lost another one of his close friends, Charles Beckendorf when they blew up the Princess Andromeda. Nico had convinced him to take a dip in the River Styx and after he was spat out of the river, he ended up completely destroyed a small army of skeletons commanded by Hades himself. When the Titan army invaded Manhattan, he along with about 40 other demigods and just over 20 hunters managed to prevent the army from reaching Olympus with the help of the Party Ponies and the last-second backup that Hades provided. After a long and tiring fight in the throne room of the gods, the prophecy had been fulfilled and Kronos' essence was scattered into Tartarus by Luke Castellan. After the whole battle, Percy was offered godhood but not only did he refuse for the love of his life, but he used that wish to greatly change the lives of the demigods and helped Hades and the minor gods gain recognition at camp.

Two months after the war, he was dragged into another one, this time against Mother Earth herself. He had his memory wiped and sent to the Roman camp in the west. After rescuing Death and defeating the giant born to oppose his father, Percy and the other six demigods of the prophecy travelled to Rome on a giant flying warship. Upon reaching there, he had to let Annabeth go on a solo mission no child of Athena had returned from to retrieve a statue that was vital in bringing the Greeks and Romans together.

After killing two giants with his friend Jason and the god Bacchus, he reunited with Annabeth only to be pulled down into the Pit by Arachne, the mother of all spiders. After many close calls with death, the duo had made their way to the Doors of Death and returned to the mortal world in Epirus, Greece before sailing to Athens to battle the giants born to oppose the gods. After defeating the giants with his friends and the gods, they got slapped all the way back to Camp Half-Blood for the final battle, which they won but with a heavy price.