20. Preparations

Third-person POV

That day on Olympus was hectic for Percy. As soon as he uttered the name of their enemy, chaos broke out.

He was pretty sure some of the gods even fainted.

After everyone was calm enough (it took way too long), Zeus had asked for suggestions to prepare for the upcoming war. Anyone could tell he was nervous just by his voice. Anyone would be nervous when they had just been told Night herself had waged war against them. 

Athena had suggested that they move all the demigods to one camp so that it was easier to defend against Nyx. Although there would be a higher chance of collateral damage, the demigods would have a really strong defence.

After an even longer time, the Olympian Council had decided to move all the demigods and any retired legionnaires from Camp Jupiter to Camp Half-Blood. Not only because it was closer to Olympus, but it had the magical border the Roman camp did not and one side was facing the sea, giving the campers one less front to defend against.

Ares, or rather Mars, had gone to the Camp Jupiter to inform the demigods about the new development. The Romans respected Mars so they would follow his orders without question. Lupa had come to know of the bad news as well and she and her pack would travel to the Greek camp and patrol the borders.

The Romans had chosen to make their own way east even though the gods had offered quick transportation. The two praetors had decided that they needed time for their troops to soak in the information about the enemy they were facing. They had fought against the Titan Krios on Mount Tam a few years ago and Gaia's army just after that. They weren't ready to fight against the physical form of the very night itself.

Percy was given the task to inform the demigods of Camp Half-Blood about this new war. It had to be one of the hardest things he had to do in his entire life as a demigod, right up there with when he had to burn Annabeth's shroud.

Tears were shed at the revelation, nobody was ashamed of it. Even Percy himself had cried and he wasn't one to show it in front of others. Most of the demigods were mad as well, mad at the Fates for putting them in this situation. Some of the demigods were veterans from the previous two wars and they were tired of it. Tired of fighting in, yet again, another war.

Everyone was given time to calm down, to come to terms with their fate. Surprisingly, it didn't take long for Camp Half-Blood to go all-out war preparation mode. The Athena cabin immediately started making battle plans to prepare the camp for an inevitable attack.

Nyx was coming for Percy Jackson after all.

Percy had begged, pleaded with everyone he knew to let him turn himself into Nyx, to avoid any unnecessary casualties. No matter how much he pestered them, nobody would move an inch. They would rather die than let Percy give himself up. They just got him back. They weren't going to let him go again.

The Romans took a few days to arrive at Camp Half-Blood and in all honesty, Percy was scared out of his wits. When he had arrived at camp, the other camp in San Fransisco had not been informed of his return. If the reaction of his Greek friends were anything to go by, the reception of the Romans would be just as bad, if not worse.

Percy had contemplated hiding from the legionnaires but he felt like he couldn't do that to them since he had disappeared on them in the first place. So Percy swallowed down his fear and braced himself for the almost guaranteed beating that was about to come.

He stood with his friends just outside the border where the road is, waiting for the arrival of the Roman demigods. Everyone from the welcoming party watched amused as Percy shuffled nervously where he stood as a dozen or so black SUVs pulled over. They must have gotten good drivers because the parking was flawless.