chapter six

On April 16th 2017, at 10:34am, Louis gave birth to two healthy baby girls, Madison Faye Styles and Alaia Oakley Styles.

Things were great for about four years after the twins birth, that was until now, it was 2021 and the twins were obviously now four years old, they were identical, they both had curly brown hair and green eyes, just like their dad. Bella was now seven and she looked the most like Louis. Tommy was now ten and he still looked like a good mix of both Harry and Louis.

Louis and Harry were now twenty seven, Louis was still a stay at home dad. Harry however, his business had gone worldwide and become famous all over the world. Harry himself was working extremely hard, and that was the problem.

Harry was working so hard that he leaves home every single day, even on the weekends, at eight in the morning and doesn't return until seven at night, because his office is just that busy.

Louis had talked to him about it, saying he needs to work less and spend more time with his family, but Harry just told him "I can't" and literally walked off, ignoring Louis for the rest of the day.

Later that night Harry woke up to Louis crying his eyes out next to him and he felt like a dick for ignoring his husband. So he pulled Louis into his chest and cuddled him. 'No kisses, no sweet words like he used to, just a stupid fucking hug!' Louis thought to himself.

It was only a few days later that apart of Louis' heart broke when Harry had left the house for work without giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. The pair had done that since they were five years old, no matter the circumstances they always had to do it when they were going to be apart. This was the first time they hadn't done it and Louis completely shattered that day.

Louis drove Bella and Tommy to school before dropping Madison and Alaia off at his mums who had thankfully offered to babysit. Then Louis went home and cried for what felt like the whole day.

The way Harry had been acting lately made his heart hurt so so so much. Louis felt like he wasn't enough, like Harry was finally sick of him. Harry had also started ignoring the kids and Louis wanted to slap him for it. Alaia had literally asked Louis the other day "why doesn't daddy care about us anymore?"

Louis couldn't take it anymore, he had to talk to Harry tonight. He called his mum and asked her if she would have the kids tonight, luckily she said yes. So Louis was left to wait until Harry came home.

Which he finally did at seven thirty. Louis let him cool off from work for a bit before walking downstairs to the basement, which Harry had decided was his room and he was the only one allowed down there. Louis thought that was stupid but Harry was deadset about it and had yelled at Tommy when he caught him down there.

The stupid basement had also cause some issues, Harry was always in there, from the second he came home until he went to bed. So even when Harry was home, it felt like he wasn't.

Anyway, here Louis was walking through the basement door.

"Whoever that is, get out" he heard Harry call, he was sitting on the couch with the tv on.

"Harry its me" Louis said hopeful that Harry might actually pay some attention to him.

"Don't care, I said get out" Louis didn't listen and walked over to where Harry was sitting and sat down next to him. "What do you want?" Harry sounded annoyed.

"To talk"

"About what"

"You"

"What about me?"

"Harry, you're never home anymore and when you are it doesn't really matter because you lock yourself in this basement and don't let anyone in. Your kids think you don't care about them anymore and have been asking things like "does daddy still love us?" And I feel like i'm putting in all the work when it comes to cooking, cleaning and looking after our kids, and I know you're busy with work and I understand if you're tired at the end of the day and don't feel like doing much. But I need your help Harry I can't raise four kids by myself, I need you, I miss you. I feel like we haven't talked in ages, you haven't cuddled me in forever, Harry y...you" Louis was now crying "You forgot the hug and kiss on the cheek thing today, we've literally never forgotten to do that, so when you left without giving my a quick hug and kiss on the cheek, my heart broke. I literally have been crying all day. I feel like you don't want me anymore, I feel like you've gotten sick of me." Louis finished.

Harry burst out crying, Louis had never seen him cry so hard. "Have I r...really m...ade y..y..you feel that way?" Louis nodded. "I...I...i'm s..s..so" Harry was literally sobbing so hard he couldn't even get a word out, so Louis just wrapped him in a warm embrace.

Harry clutched onto Louis shirt with both hands as he sobbed into Louis chest, Louis knew right then and there, that this was a lot deeper than just being busy with work, he just didn't know what.

Eventually after around ten minuets Harry had finally calmed down enough to talk normally, so without moving away from Louis he started talking.

"Lou, I'm so so so sorry. I haven't gotten sick of you, I never could. I feel like such an asshole for even letting you think that. I love you so much, you and the kids are everything to me. I feel like a shit dad for just ignoring my babies. I guess i've just been so stressed and busy with work, but that doesn't excuse my behaviour. You're right I need to stop being selfish and help you with the kids. I'm so so unbelievably sorry for how I've been acting lately, I promise I'll make it up to you and the kids, I love you all with everything in me, without you I don't even know what I'd do. I can't tell you enough how sorry I am, and I promise I'll do better."

"Promise?" Louis asked sniffling.

"Promise." Harry told him.

Later that night Louis and Harry ended up having 'make up' sex and before they fell asleep Harry told Louis "I'll be a better father and husband Lou, I promise." And Louis believed him, he seemed so genuinely sorry, which he was, but promises are always meant to be broken.

...

6th november 2020

i'm exited for the next chapter :)

- author