chapter nine

Three months.

It had been thee months since Harry left. Louis was completely and utterly heartbroken. He had cried himself to sleep every night since. He didn't know what to do anymore. He hated Harry for what he did, but he loved him and wanted him to come home.

Being almost five months pregnant didn't help either, all Louis could think about when he looked down at him small bump, was the poor baby growing up without its dad.

Bella had turned eight about a month ago and Louis was hoping that Harry would at least show up for her birthday, but he was wrong.

The kids were so confused, they all missed their dad, they were all wondering why he left them and where he'd gone. One day Madison asked Louis "Did daddy find a new family to love instead?" Louis just started crying, he didn't know. He hadn't heard from Harry in three months.

What the family didn't know was that Harry was living in his car, only about twenty minutes away from where they lived. Harry was a mess, he was extremely depressed, he was drinking so much that he'd given himself alcohol poisoning twice now. He was cutting, his already shredded skin, and he just wanted to die.

Harry thinks he deserves to die. Louis hates him, his kids hate him, and they should hate him, considering how badly he treated them. He was on the brink of losing his job, and he completely hated himself. His family didn't need him, they were better off without him. The world was better off without him.

He made up his mind, he was going to kill himself, right now.

Harry was in his car driving to the park that had the big bridge above running water. He knew that jumping from that height into water would kill him.

When Harry arrived at the park, he could see the bridge and started crying. This was it, he was about to die.

Eventually Harry stumbled out of the car and made his way onto the bridge, he looked down to see a stream of fast running water. 'Finally it will be over' he thought.

When Harry reached the middle of the bridge he climbed over the edge, he had his arms behind him holding onto the railing as he looked down. He wanted to get it over and done with quickly, he quietly started counting down himself.

"Three.......two" before he could continue, something caught his eye, he looked over to see his family standing there, staring at him.

...

Louis had decided to take his kids to the park for lunch, so he'd packed a picnic and off they went. When they got there Louis grabbed the bag of food from the trunk and walked towards the edge of the stream. As he got closer he noticed someone on the bridge looking like they were about to jump off, right as Louis was about to run over to them, the person looked up and noticed him. It was Harry.

Louis dropped all the food he was holding and sprinted as fast as he could onto the bridge, he didn't stop until he was right behind Harry, who was looking at him. Louis grabbed onto Harrys arms as tight as he could before he spoke. "Harry, climb back over the railing please. We can talk about it, okay. I love you, your kids love you. Please, please, please, don't do this." Harry looked away from Louis and back over to his kids, they were all crying as they watched him. Harry looked back to Louis. "C'mon my love, climb back over please." Louis pleaded.

Louis watched as Harry started to carefully climb back over the edge, Louis held onto him tight as he made his way back over railing.

Once Harry was safely on the other side again, Louis wrapped him in the tightest hug he could. Thats when Harry broke down, he started sobbing into Louis shoulder. "Help me Louis. Please help me. I need help." He cried.