2

"Draft Recommendation of Heroes Office," Aizawa says, turning to the board behind him. "Your operation center will be far away to the south, on Nabu Island. The heroes who protected this place are about to retire."

From where she's sitting with her head leaning on the hand that's resting on the table, Mizuki brightens up. An island? She thinks to herself, glancing at the heterochromatic boy next to him.

Aizawa continues, "You will take care of the place until new heroes arrive."

He's barely finished with his sentence and the class of 1A bursts, "We will finally be real heroes!"

With the front of the class up in their seats, blocking Aizawa's view, Mizuki taps the desk on her left.

"It's about time we got to be a little more independent you know?" She says with a small smile.

The class continues to yell in excitement and Shoto responds with a smile of his own that melts Mizuki, "Maybe we could practice being heroes together. There are a bunch of pros teaming up together lately."

"Ohh Mizuki, Todoroki! I bet you guys are aiming to do something really cute together on the island right?" Ashido calls from where she's sitting.

"A-Ashido!" Mizuki says, an embarrassed blush forming on her cheeks.

Shoto clicks his tongue in annoyance, crossing his arms and looking back at the front of the class.

"Hey hey! You guys aren't denying it!" Ashido laughs and wiggles her eyebrows at the flushed girl.

Mizuki huffs and lifts her hand, aiming to send water at the pink girl, only to have nothing come out.

"Listen to what else I have to say." Aizawa grumbles out, his hair high in the air, eyes flashing a bright red at the use of his quirk.

Sighing, Mizuki puts her hand back down as the rest of the class settles down with disappointed mumbles filling the air. Ashido winks back at the dark haired girl before turning back around to the front.

"By regulation, teachers cannot attend to back them up. So if something happens, you will be responsible for serving them. Keep that in mind and act responsibly. Understood?"

"Yes!"

-

Spotting the office building up ahead, Mizuki laughs to herself in victory of escaping the hands of Shoto.

She looks back and sees the boy catching up. Smirking to herself she prepares to use a bit of wind to speed herself up.

Suddenly she hears a small voice, "Sis?!" She whips her head back up front, and before she can stop herself a spike of ice pops up which leads to her crashing into it and falling back onto the ground.

"Ouch." Mizuki hisses out, rubbing her nose. She looks back at her boyfriend who's walking up to her with a worried expression. "Sorry." Is all he can say.

Mizuki sighs, "You could've at least given me a warning..." She takes the hand that Shoto lends to her and wipes the dirt off her costume.

"Oh my, are you okay miss?" The voice of a child grabs the attention of the two.

Mizuki smiles at the young boy and grabs Shoto's hand, intertwining their fingers, "Mhm, don't worry. It was all my fault. I'm Kasumi and this is Todoroki, what's your name?"

The boy's about to answer before a girl voices out as she appears from behind the ice, putting her hands on her hips, "Hey! What do you think you're doing?! You could've ran into my brother! What kind of hero doesn't watch where they're going?"

"Uh..." Mizuki struggles to find an answer. This must be the older sibling.

"We were taking turns, practicing being in pursuit of a villain. This time, Kasumi was the villain who had to run away from me, the hero." Shoto finally decides to speak up, letting go of Mizuki's hand to use both  to demonstrate the 'chase'.

The girl doesn't seem to be convinced, and the boy, her brother, tugs on Mizuki's skirt to get her attention.

She looks down at him, and the boy's eyes sparkle, "You guys are... heroes?"

Mizuki squats down to his height, her knees facing forward, "Yep! We're from UA High."

"UA... w-what are you guys' quirks?" The boy asks with excitement as Shoto squats down beside Mizuki, not knowing what to do.

She places both of her palms in front of her, "My quirk is called Typhoon, a mix of water and wind."

"My left side is able to manipulate water," she says as she creates a ball of water. Her right hand forms a small tornado, "While my right side manipulates wind."

The boy pokes the water ball, which loses its form, turns into a puddle, and drips off of Mizuki's hand. He stares in awe, "Two quirks? That's so cool! What about you mist-"

The sister interrupts the three, "Katsuma! Don't talk to these wannabes, they're probably heroes because they have more than one quirk."

"M-Mahoro! That's not very nice.." Katsuma says as he looks at his sister.

Mizuki puffs a small amount of wind in Katsuma's face, grabbing his attention, "It's alright! She's doing her job as an older sister. Besides, we have to get back to our classmates. It was nice meeting you two."

Shoto nods at the boy and gets up, offering his hand to Mizuki and lifting her up. "Maybe I can show you my quirk another time..." He mumbles, reaching to rub the back of his neck.

Even when the provisional license course was focused on children, Shoto still had trouble getting along with them. He could never be as comfortable with kids as Mizuki was during the exam.

Mahoro grumbles to herself, "Let's get going Katsuma." She grabs her brother's hand and starts pulling him in the opposite direction of the hero office, away from the two.

"Wait!" Katsuma halts himself and his sister, "Do you guys know Deku?"

The couple widens their eyes in surprise at the unexpected question. "Uh.. yeah." Shoto replies.

"Could you tell him thank you? He tried to help me find my sister earlier."

Mizuki smiles to herself. Midoriya's definitely going to be some hero one day. "Of course! That's really sweet of you!"

A small blush appears on the boy's face before Mahoro drags him away once again. He stumbles a bit, waving goodbye at the two before following his sister's lead.

"That was cute." Mizuki says to Shoto, who's eyes linger on the siblings.

"Helloooo, earth to Shoto?" She waves her hand in his face, tempted to spray water at him. Unfortunately he blinks at the hand, coming back to his senses.

He takes her hand in his and the two start to head back towards the office once again. Mizuki looks at him, "What was that about?"

Shoto's grip tightens on her hand for a short moment before turning back to a normal grip, "Sibling bonds are nice, don't you think?" He asks the girl.

Getting the message, Mizuki's mouth forms an 'o' and she stops them both. "Shoto..." she murmurs before wrapping her arms around him.

The taller boy returns the hug, shivering as Mizuki gives him a small peck under his chin. She always knew just how to comfort him.

She pulls back from him to look at his face, eyes pausing at the scar that she adores. "Let's have a movie night with Fuyumi when we get back. How does that sound?"

"That'd be interesting..." Is all Shoto says, thinking about the endless amount of teasing. "We really should be heading back." Once again, they start walking towards the direction of the office.

Mizuki frowns at the subject change, but leaves it at that and asks him what they should eat when they get back.

-

i didn't expect this to be as long as it is.... hopefully the amount of times they stopped walking wasn't annoying haha.