College

Read my note at the end! 😃😃😃😃 thanks.

Your sitting at your desk in the corner of your room scrolling through your computer looking up colleges. Your 18 a senior in high school preparing for your future which not going to lie is nerve racking. Choosing a school, a major you want to pursue, how your going to fund the expansion of your education and then the thought of the impending debt that comes later. Your boyfriend Calum has gotten time off from recording, touring, band practices. So there he is sitting on your bed, looking through the college paperwork you received from your guidance counselor about a few majors, and schools your debating back and forth on.

"Y/n?" Calum breaks the silence. "Yes Calum?" You reply turning to give your boyfriend your full attention. "It says here you want to go into the majors of either graphic design or architecture, why those?" He asks curious. You smile, but pause a moment before answering so you can close your laptop and crawl on to the bed with Calum. "Well I have a few good reasons." You begin to explain. "As you know I love designing and both majors require that but different kinds. Architecture I'm already in school for that, so that's just kinda of my back up plan because I already know a good amount of the basics with that and mostly enjoy it. But graphic design I feel that's where I can truly show my passion of designing through my creative mind." You conclude. "I'm glad you've got somewhat of a set plan in mind. I hope you know I have your back through all of this babe?" He encourages and ensures. "I know, thank you for that." You smile grateful you have a supportive family and boyfriend behind you on a support team. For the rest of the night until you inevitably fall asleep cuddled up to Calum, you talk about the few colleges you have in mind and what you believe the future holds.

NOTE----------⬇️
HELLO!

Hey everyone, I thought this was a good time to write about this for a few reasons. I don't know how many of you are at this stage yet, if your seniors in high school, freshman, older and out of school already in college, or aren't even really thinking about college. But for the people who are thinking about it and in the process of sending in applications since many of those date are coming up and in some cases have already passed.

So reason one for this is so I can congrats, good luck, whatever if you've already been accepted or waiting to hear from the college/colleges you want to attend.

If you've been accepted- CONGRATS!! 😃😃👍 so happy for you! I'm sure you will do well and have an amazing time! Just don't over do it on the college parties.

Waiting to hear- GOOD LUCK! I so hope you get into the college your hoping to get into!

Another thing that inspired me to sit down and write was today I received a letter from my dream college and I was accepted. I'm so excited and can't wait to attend in the fall.

Now advice from my experience. If you are looking at college start early (I wish I had). Look at different colleges close to home, and maybe a few away. It will be really helpful when it comes for filling out applications because you will have an idea of what college you want to go to, the major you may want to partake in. This also helps so you can be able to send in applications early and have a better chance of getting into the school and into the major you want.

Those are a few thing I have learned since September to now. If you need anymore advice that I could possibly shed some light for you, feel free to comment I will try my best to help you out. Also talk to your guidance department they can help you out a lot. Do the research with your parents too, keeping them in the loop is really important because they will understand what's going on better and be able to stand in your support corner stronger.

That's all from me for now. Until the next update.

~ 😃
Michelle.