Chapter 7 : Live-streaming Shoe Selling

It was already very late into the night when they arrived home. Daylight's feeding bowl was already empty. When Liu Man went to get ca food from the cupboard, she realized that there wasn't much left.

TL Note: Daylight's her cat, remember.

Liu Man used to get all of her allowance from her father. Now that Liu Chenyu wasn't here anymore, she didn't even have enough allowance to buy the cat food. When she looked at her mother, Zhang Pei, who was sitting in the living room and looked as if she suddenly grew older, Liu Man realized that she needed to find a way to earn money.

She walked into her dressing room and saw her piles of clothing and shoes. She then took out her phone, typed out a message, and sent it into a group chat that she was in, along with Li Xiaoru and Wang Nina.

"Do you guys know anyone who wants second hand clothing and shoes?"

The duo replied in less than a minute.

"Nope, (._.) but I think they usually sell these kinds of stuff on Xian Yu."

TL's Note: Xian Yu is an app that people use to sell and buy second hand stuff. Most commonly used in China.

"What? You suddenly want to sell your clothes and your shoes now?" Li Xiaoru said while typing out a huge question mark.

"Yeah, I want to sell my AJs."

"!!!!!!"

"Are you going crazy? Aren't AJs your most favorite thing in the whole world?"

Both girls were shocked. They all liked AJs and were jealous of how Liu Man could buy all the shoes that she liked. With their allowances, they certainly couldn't afford all those AJs. They also went to Liu Man's house before and saw a whole wall filled with piles of AJs. They all thought that Liu Man was crazy rich.

That's why both girls were so shocked.

"I really need money right now," Liu Man didn't want her friends to worry, "And I don't even like AJs anymore. There isn't enough space in my house anyway."

"What's going on with you? You don't like Tang Tu anymore, and now, you even want to sell your AJs. Then, really, what do you like?" Nina asked with a bewildered expression.

"I like money."

"......"

Under the advice of the two girls, Liu Man took pictures of every pair of shoes that she owned and sent them onto Xian Yu, with the date they were made and their color. In total, there were sixty-two pairs. When she finished, Daylight had already fallen asleep on her blanket.

That night, Liu Man was so tired that she cuddled Daylight and immediately fell asleep.

The next day was a Tuesday. She packed up and rushed to school. On the subway, she held onto the railing while she logged onto Xian Yu to check if anyone had messaged her. She didn't expect to see so many people message her.

"Are all the shoes at size thirty-six?"

"Are there more pictures of the fourth pair?"

"Is it really that new? Are you really not faking it?"

"I'm in the same city, can I come and go see the shoes?"

A lot of people had messaged her, since her shoes were newer than most of the shoes that people sold in Xian Yu, and the price was only half the original price. A lot of AJ collectors were very interested.

She replied to every single message and discovered that everyone was questioning whether the shoes were fake or not. She added to her profile, "I'm also an AJ collector, due to family issues, I have to sell these, but I can guarantee that these AJs aren't fakes."