Chapter 34: A Successful Refund

The next day after Liu Man had exposed the fake cat food sellers, she had received an urgent call early into the morning. The person who called her did not greet her, nor did they introduce themselves. They directly questioned her, "Did you film that live-stream video?"

At that moment, Liu Man had just woken up. She immediately became completely conscious after hearing a brash and crude voice.

That person must've been completely sure that she had been the one who had posted the video. They didn't even wait for her to speak, but instead continued, "We've already refunded you with that 548 RMB, and you now have it on your Alipay. Please, immediately delete that video on Weibo."

He said the word "please," but it was as if he didn't have any means of supplicating. It was as if Liu Man had to listen to his orders since he gave her back her money.

Liu Man slowly asked,

"Who are you, if I may ask?" To be honest, she had already known when saw where the call had come from.

TL's Note: By where the call came from, the author meant how when you call someone, that person would see where the call came from in the country.

"I'm the owner of "Winnie Loves Pets." My first name is Chen."

"Oh."

Liu Man's indifferent actions really irritated the person on the other side of the call.

Owner Chen's full name was Chen Desheng. Chen Desheng's shop had been on Taobao for five whole years, and his shop was a very old one with two badges. He already had employed lots of professional managers to operate the shop because of how big his business had become, and he instead backed up to behind the curtains and was mainly in charge of other things, such as the shop in real life and purchasing more products.

TL's Note: Chen Desheng became a person who operates behind the public eye.

Because his shop had a great reputation, there were a lot of orders being placed every day. He also had a lot of professional social media monitors, and they were usually quick to solve normal reports, refunds, and bad ratings. He never really cared about these things.

However, this morning, a sales manager in Chen Desheng's company had disturbed his dreams and called him. He had told Chen Desheng to log onto Weibo and Taobao. As he opened Weibo, he saw a video on his homepage with a woman with a young voice and didn't show her face. As the video began, the woman didn't try to hide it at all and named their shop directly. She said that she bought fake cat food from their shop.

Chen Desheng knew how bad the situation was as soon as he saw this. He then checked the most popular topics and saw: #Immoral-Businessman-On-Taobao-Selling-Fake-Cat-Food#, #Boycott-Winnie-Loves-Pets#, #Stop-Buying-Fake-Cat-Food-On-Taobao#. There were all kinds of negative news over the social media platform.

Chen Desheng then opened Taobao and went to his homepage, where hundreds of refund requests popped out. The comment section almost broke down, and almost all of them were bad ratings.

He didn't have any cardiac diseases, but he was so outraged that he almost had a heart attack. It didn't even dawn yet, and he called everyone he thought could help him. However, who would be up at this time? Even his customer service staff members had gone to sleep.

Chen Desheng didn't sleep at all after seeing all of the news. He spent hours analyzing the content of the video with a few of his employees. They then searched through the orders before and confirmed that the one who had posted this video was the 'Ms. Liu', who had boughten cat food from their shop twice.

The old Liu Man always used to shop on Taobao using 'Ms. Liu' as her name. She never used her real name.

Chen Desheng had also found the conversation Liu Man had had with the customer service staff member and became really angry at that customer service employee. Because of that 548 RMB, they had lost almost everything. He hadn't said anything else but immediately fired that specific customer service employee. He seemed to have forgotten that the customer service employees had all been acting under the orders from him.