Chapter 57: The Standoff

"Yes, yes, yes! This is it," Xue Yunfei stood up from his chair out of excitement, "This was what was missing last night."

Tang Tu was the one Xue Yunfei was entangled about last night. Liu Man did put in her distress about her family when she played, then what about Tang Tu? How would he perform Duan Nanfeng's desperate crush on Ji Ning?

At this moment, Ji Ning had deeply fallen in love with Gu Qing, and the proud Duan Nanfeng did not think it worthy to compete with Gu Qing under the broad sun. His struggles and sorrows in his heart were expressed clearly in this look.

Perhaps only Tang Tu himself understood that he was now the same as Duan Nanfeng and was struggling. He already had Shen Mozhen as a girlfriend, but his heart was clear after he took that look at Liu Man, that he had already liked her. This kind of liking, to him, was unfamiliar and strange, and he had no way to suppress it.

Xue Yunfei told Ye Xian, "So, Tang Tu wasn't the kind of superstar with only a handsome appearance and no acting skills I assumed he was after all! His acting and piano skills are really good, and he was the one leading Liu Man the entire time."

Ye Zian only didn't like Tang Tu because he got into the crew with his social connections, but he had to admit Tang Tu's capabilities, "Go watch his first movie and you will understand why he's still popular. Among the young male actors nowadays, he's definitely the best."

Qiao Xin, who was on a break, was sitting behind Ye Zian acting as an audience. He felt very uncomfortable after hearing what Ye Zian said, for he had started acting when he was just a child. He had worked in the entertainment circle for more than ten years, but he still hadn't gotten very popular. Tang Tu, however, was three years younger than him and had only filmed one movie before as an extra, but Tang Tu was much more popular than him — This could be seen just from the number of fans they each had on their Wei Bo. Tang Tu had nine million while Qiao Xin only had five million.

Deep down, Qiao Xin knew that if it wasn't because he was more experienced, the male lead in this movie would've been Tang Tu instead.

The movies Ye Zian directed could always make the leads popular, but Qiao Xin didn't want Tang Tu to be more popular in the end. After all, he was the male lead!

He stared at Tang Tu and Liu Man, who had already finished their scene.

The stage stairs were a bit tall. Tang Tu was probably feeling very good, he jumped down directly and turned to Liu Man. He reached out a hand and told her something.

Liu Man smiled as she shook her head. She lifted the hem of her dress and walked down carefully, step by step. Her posture was like a child, but with an elegance that she was born with.

From the perspective of a man, Qiao Xin would admit that Liu Man was a very pretty girl that was attractive. But his guts told him Tang Tu was not treating this girl just like a friend.

According to what he knew, Tang Tu had a girlfriend. If Tang Tu's fans knew that their idol was a scumbag playboy who fell in love with someone else other than his own girlfriend, would they still like him?

The shooting of the piano scene was very successful and managed to meet Xue Yunfei's requirements. The other actors were getting ready for the next scenes, and only Liu Man was able to take a break. Ye Zian told her she could rest at the hotel if she wanted, or she could stay here and observe the other actors.

Liu Man chose to stay. Her next two scenes would have many emotional outbursts and struggles, so she needed to learn.

The next scene was Gu Qing, after watching the wonderful duet of Duan Nanfeng and Ji Ning, realized Duan Nanfeng's emotions for Ji Ning and went backstage to find him.