Chapter 28: Midnight Snacks

Liu Man didn't stay in the dorm that night and rode the subway home by herself. Tomorrow, she still had to face the Wang family with her mother.

There was still some distance between the subway exit and her house. At this time, it was usually time for midnight snacks. There were lots of crowds hanging around the restaurants on the street.

Liu Man smelled the scent and paused her footsteps near a shop that sold Sha Xian snacks.

Yu Zhan was walking his dog and coincidentally walked past this shop. In fact, he had seen a familiar silhouette from far away, staring at the Sha Xian snacks restaurant. It was a very cold day, but it seemed as if she couldn't even sense the cold wind. She was raising her head and studying the menu on the window, feeling indecisive.

"You haven't eaten dinner yet?"

Yu Zhan's question almost made Liu Man jump out of surprise. She turned her head to see a person and a dog standing beside her and was unaware of how long they'd been there.

Liu Man truly felt awkward, "No, no. I've already eaten."

Yu Zhan laughed lightly, "Then you're feeling hungry again?"

"Not really..."

Liu Man hadn't even filled her stomach. That bowl of ramen which had cost a hundred and fifty RMB was too little. Except for the small bits of noodles which had become gone within just a few mouthfuls, were a few slices of meat, a few shrimps, and a few slices of fish. Liu Man didn't have a huge appetite but still felt hungry after that bowl of ramen.

She didn't dare to order anything else, since she didn't have that much money in the first place. She had to use that thirty-thousand RMB to pay the debt with her mother.

So, now she was feeling hungry when she saw the Sha Xian noodles, but she was also worried that it would be wasted if she couldn't eat it all.

Yu Zhan laughed as he asked her, "You want to have some midnight snacks?"

"Mm."

"What do you want to eat?"

"Noodles."

"This restaurant serves a lot in a dish. You wouldn't be able to finish it all, and you're also afraid to get fat."

"Mm."

Sometimes, she felt as if Yu Zhan knew exactly what she was thinking and had telepathic superpowers.

"Then, let me accompany you."

Yu Zhan said and entered the restaurant without seeing Liu Man's reaction. He asked the owner if he could bring the dog in, and took Paul in after being given permission. He then looked back at her. He was standing under the lights, and she was standing under the shadows. He smiled and said,

"Why are you still standing there?"

Liu Man froze as she stared into his eyes. In her memories, only Liu Chenyu had looked at her with a similar expression. That kind of expression told her; they would be able to tolerate all of her capriciousness. If Liu Chenyu provided her with love from a father, then what was Yu Zhan to her?

"A bowl of beef noodles."

Yu Zhan told the owner while standing before the cashier.

"That would cost ten RMB."

Yu Zhan took out his phone and was ready to pay, but Liu Man scanned the Alipay QR code on the wall before he did.

TL's Note: Alipay is a big online paying platform in China. With it, if you scan a QR code, you can practically buy anything you want in China as long as you have the money in your online banking account.