Chapter 30: Second Time Negotiating

"Today, I'm not going to talk to you about other things. It'll only make all of us more exhausted. This year is about to end, and my family's going to go back to our hometown. If my oldest son hadn't died because of your husband, he would've come back with us. The last day of the year should be spent together with your family, and we can't spend it with an empty pocket, right?" The old lady went back to the topic of money within a few sentences as expected, "He used to be the one who earned all the money and kept us alive."

During the first negotiation, it had been disastrous with all the yelling and arguing. Liu Man didn't feel comfortable. This time, after hearing Mrs. Wang's speech, she suddenly felt sympathy for that Wang Chunhua who had died.

He had to keep his parents, his wife, his children, and his siblings alive. The entire family was like a group of vampires, sucking all of his energy out of him. He had to work all day and night, which was why he had gone into the reverse direction that night and had crashed into a car. Liu Man felt that even if her father hadn't drunk wine that night and drove normally, or even if her father had never passed that road, Wang Chunhua would've still bumped into some other car and died.

Wang Zhihua said, "Don't try to cut the price and waste time. Last time we asked for three million, and that offer is still on the table. If you want us to sign the letter of forgiveness, you have to pay us three million."

Zhang Pei had already been prepared for the obstinacy that would come from the other side. Lawyer Sun told her that they wouldn't be afraid. If they wasted any more time, the other side would probably ask for four million.

Zhang Pei nodded, "Okay, but we can only pay you the full amount after the end of the year."

Seeing that the three million was about to be paid to them, Mrs. Wang and Wang Zhihua didn't even bother hiding their happiness. Even Mrs. Wang's tone had gotten softer, "It's alright. You will definitely need some time to prepare for all the money. We won't bother you ."

"Then, let's start drawing up the contract," Lawyer Sun opened his suitcase and took out a letter of forgiveness he had already pre-made, "Excluding the hundred thousand RMB Zhang Pei paid you last time, my client still needs to pay two million and nine hundred thousand RMB."

Wang Zhihua waved his hand, "No, no, no. That hundred thousand RMB cannot be counted in."

Zhang Pei was stunned, "Why can't it be counted in?"

"That was your payment to express condolences, and the payment for my son's funeral. We also need to spend money to pay our lawyer. Everything needs money to be spent, now that hundred thousand is already gone," Mrs. Wang took it all for granted.

"It was your own fault not to agree to our three million deal the last time we met. This time, it has increased to three million and a hundred thousand. If you still won't agree, then it will be three million and two hundred thousand next time. Let's see who can afford the delays," Wang Zhihua continued.

Zhang Pei felt really tired seeing the cupidity from the other side. She didn't want to talk much longer with this kind of family, for she only wanted to quickly sign the contract and leave, to get far away from them. She told Lawyer Sun, "Alright, let's do what they say. So, to conclude, the total amount we will compensate them with, will be three million and a hundred thousand."

Lawyer Sun also felt as if the other side was hard to deal with. It was useless to reason with them, and even if they went to court, the judge wouldn't know how to deal with them either.

Lawyer Sun finished drawing up the forgiveness letter and handed it to Lawyer Zhao, "You can take a glance over it."

Lawyer Zhao took out a pair of glasses to put on, then perused the letter sentence by sentence, "The day they will pay the total amount will be March the first. Do you think it will be fine?" He asked the mother and son of the Wang family.