Chapter 49: Accompanying Coco's Performance

"Have I the honor of inviting you to a performance once again?" Coco looked at the five hundred thousand audience members, the ones who were there and the ones sitting behind a screen, as she invited Liu Man.

Everyone was staring at her, so Liu Man couldn't refuse. Besides, Coco's smile was full of benevolence. Although she was using Liu Man to advertise herself, to anyone else, this was THE 15 seconds of fame.

Liu Man logged off her live-stream, put her phone in her bag, and walked forward.

The man who was playing the electro piano left to give Liu Man a spot. Liu Man sidled up beside Coco, where Coco's live-stream could film her.

"Wow, wow, wow! So beautiful."

"Yeah, and no makeup, from the looks of it."

"Our Coco never uses any filters. She's a goddess-like person."

"No wonder that video went viral. Everyone has eyes—we know true beauty when we see it."

"So, Coco called her up to have her as an extra again?"

"An extra? Shut up if you have nothing nice to say."

...

Liu Man also wore a puffer coat, a large black one, to protect against the chill. It wrapped around her tightly, sculpted her face into delicate petiteness. Her cheeks were red in the cold, almost as if they had been rouged.

Coco's live-stream bubbled with the vivacity of a live crowd. Liu Man felt countless eyes staring at her, countless cameras aimed at her. This was much more exaggerated than that last time she performed with Coco at the music-themed restaurant. To be honest, Liu Man felt a bit nervous inside.

A freezing hand suddenly held onto hers. Liu Man turned her head to see Coco grinning and blinking as she said in a low voice, "Don't be scared, I'm here with you."

Liu Man was affected by her grin, and her face showed a small smile, too. It looked like a plum blossom blooming under this cold, cold winter day.

"Oh, god. She looks so attractive when she smiles!"

"That is a smile that will make people fall in love with her."

"Does anyone know if she's a superstar?"

"Well, I've never seen her. She's probably just a common passerby."

"...Go find a common passerby like her on the streets."

"Yeah, there are passersby that look pretty, but something like temperament cannot be simply from a common passerby. Without a good environment to grow up in and good teachers affecting her childhood, she wouldn't be able to have this aura."

Coco picked her guitar up and said to the audience, "I invited sis over because I want to sing 'Thinking About You' with her again. She's my lucky charm, and I like her," That Tik Tok video made "Thinking About You" popular even before it was publicized, all thanks to Liu Man.

The words, 'I really like her,' coming from Coco, made Liu Man feel glad. She liked Coco, too. It was simple for girls to admit this sometimes, and their likings for each other were simple. Sometimes first impressions could form pure friendships.

Coco finished her sentence and started to strum the guitar strings. She began to play the intro of "Thinking About You." The audiences were just settling down to listen to the song when Liu Man suddenly grabbed onto Coco's arm and stopped her from continuing to play. Coco was unprepared when Liu Man grabbed onto her, and her finger made a sharp ugly noise on the guitar. The noise was prominent and stunned everyone.