An Endless Sleep

Omniscient
It's been a few weeks since Emma passed out in the Mikaelson compound. The family started losing interest in her well-being, even Hope. After the rest of the family, Marcel, and Vincent freed the children from the Hollow, Emma got worse. Everyone was so consumed in Hope’s safety and killing the Hollow that they didn’t realize that it had been channelling Emma and drawing strength from her, all while killing her in the process. While Hayley and Freya went to find the Hollow and kill her, Klause, Rebekah, and Marcel were off in search of the totem, and Kol was trying to find a way to unlink Davina from the Hollow, Emma woke up. Hope heard her sister move and snapped her gaze to her. 
“Oh! You're awake now.” she says, resuming her drawing. 
Emma can’t help but feel confused and hurt. Wasn’t Hope glad to see her? How long had she been asleep? Was it just a nightmare? Where is everyone? What happened? All these questions were swarming in her head. 
The one she managed to ask, “ Can I have some water? My throat feels like a desert.” 
Hope rolled her eyes and got her sister a glass of water. Emma slowly drank the cold liquid, savoring the feeling of the water. Finally gathering the strength to talk, Emma asked how long she had been out and what happened. Hope filled her in on everything and informed her that it had been a couple of weeks. Emma was going to respond but decided not to.

Emma
Ever since I woke up, everyone has been treating me differently. Nobody pays attention to me except for Uncle Kol, Davina, and Marcel. My parents and the rest of my family are too busy with Hope to even notice me. Today, Hope and I turn 8. I'm so excited! I got up this morning and got dressed into this

 I'm so excited! I got up this morning and got dressed into this

I ran downstairs and into the kitchen looking for my family. I see my parents with Hope and Uncle Elijah in the kitchen.
“ Mom! Dad!” I yell as I run into the kitchen with a huge smile on my face. They all turn towards me and Dad raises an eyebrow.
“ You must really be excited for your sisters birthday.” My smile fades as I respond.
“ Well, I guess, but you know what today is right?” I say with excitement once again.
“ Of course we know Hope’s birthday. There's nothing else that's important to today so what could we forget?” Mom says. At this, my smile completely drops and I get sad. Did they really forget today is my birthday too? Why am I not important enough to remember?
“Emma don’t be rude. Wish your sister a happy birthday.” Uncle Elijah says disappointingly to me.
“ Happy birthday Hope” I say quietly and walk out of the kitchen with my head down. Just then, Uncle Kol and Aunt Davina walk in.
“ Happy Birthday Munchkin!” Uncle Kol says to me. I ran up to him and jumped into his arms, happy that he didn’t forget. 
“Thank you Uncle Kol. Everyone else forgot. They’re too worried about Hope to remember I have the same birthday.” Uncle Kol and Aunt Davina frown at this.
“ Well we didn’t Em. And we are going to make sure you have the best birthday ever” Vina tells me before pulling me into a hug. While everyone was so busy gushing over Hope, Uncle Kol and Davina took me to Marcel’s. They threw me a surprise birthday party! It was the best. Marcel's vampires treat me like family.  We danced, played games, and I opened my presents.
Uncle Kol got me a necklace with a moon and star pendant and a leather bracelet that says  Always and Forever ( he has the matching one), and a ring with both of our names on it. (Name 1: Kol, Name 2: Emma, Engraving here: Mikaelson)