The Road So Far

Emma
I woke up to Mark shaking me awake.

“Emma. Hey, Emma it’s time to get up. We’re here and i'm sure you have to call your uncle.” He says and I don’t budge. “ And we’re at a diner so you can get some pie” I shoot up and grab my phone. I walk towards the door of the bar and call Bear. Ring….Ring….

“Hello Little Angel” I hear through the phone. I smile excitedly at hearing his voice. 

“Hi Uncle Kol! We’re here and Mark is taking me to get some pie!” I say happily.

“That's wonderful darling,” he says. 

“Yeah, I can’t wait to start my new life here. I have a feeling a lot is going to change. Both good and bad.”  I say. 

“Well Em, your feelings are never wrong so please be careful. And keep in touch sweetheart.” he says seriously.

“I will. I promise.” I tell him.

“Alright darling, I have to go now but don’t hesitate to call if you need me.” He says.

“Okay, bye Bear. I love you.” I say sadly.

“I love you too Little Angel. Goodbye,” then the line goes dead. I put my phone in my pocket and walked in the diner.  It was mostly empty in there except for two guys that sat in a booth in the back and a couple people scattered around. The place gave me a bad vibe.

Mark and I sat in a booth behind the two guys and the waitress came up and asked us for our order. I ordered a bacon burger and a slice of apple pie and Mark got a cheeseburger. The waitress walked away to get our food and came back about 10 minutes later with our food. The moment the plate touched the table my burger and my pie were the only things I focused on. I finished my burger and only got 2 bites into my pie before I heard a loud crash behind me. I drop my fork and quickly turn around to see a tall man with long hair laid out on the now broken table and the waitress standing over him. I looked at her and she had.. black eyes? What? Suddenly everyone in the diner except for me, Mark and the two guys had black eyes and were surrounding the table.

Fighting. I didn't even have time to comprehend what was going on before everyone was fighting. Mark grabbed my arm and led me to the door. It's not like I can die but okay. He was about to push the door open when a cloud of black smoke entered his mouth. He stopped moving for a second before slowly turning to me, his eyes completely black. He then lunges at me and I throw him against the wall, leaving a Mark sized dent. Oops. He gets up and starts stalking over to me then he suddenly stops. The tall man stabbed him with a knife and an orange glow came from his body. 

“NOOOOOO!” I cry out. He falls, dead. I stood there in shock. The person that was supposed to take care of me until I found a new family was dead. Dead. He's not coming back. I didn’t move as the sounds in the diner started to fade. The last thing I heard and understood was, “Dean get the kid out of  here!” I didn't see who said it, not did I care. I felt myself being lifted up and taken outside.

Dean
The diner we were at was filled with demons. Sam and I were fighting them when Sam stabbed one and a kid screamed. I stopped moving and scanned the diner for the kid. I see a girl who looks about 8 standing by the door. I didn’t really know what to do because Sammy just killed who I'm guessing is her dad. I was pulled out of my trance by Sam yelling at me. 

“Dean get the kid out of here!” He ganks another demon, slightly looking back at me. I go to argue but he cuts me off. “Go! Dude, I got this! Trust me.” I rush towards the kid, pick her up and carry her outside. I stop when we get to Baby. I sat her down on the hood of the car and started talking.

“Hey. Are you okay kid?” I say softly. She didn’t say anything for a while. She just sat there. Sammy came outside and stood next to me. 

“Kid?” I ask. She slowly looks up at me and says something I did NOT expect.

“I'm gonna let you know right now i'm not human. I can only be killed by one thing on this planet and I'm almost 100% certain you don’t have it.” She says. Um.. what? I was gonna reach for my gun but I remembered, she's just a kid. I'm sure we can help her not turn out evil.

“Well, if you're not human then what are you?” Sam asks. She looks at him and doesn’t answer.

“I don't think it’s safe for me to tell you that right now,” she starts, I look at her in confusion before she continues, “ I don’t know you guys and I don’t trust you either. Plus, I don’t know who could be listening. I only took the risk of telling you that i'm not human because you’re clearly aware of the supernatural world.” she finishes. Now I have to know what this kid is. 

“Okay, how about you can come with us and we’ll go someplace safe to talk.” I suggest. She looks at me and raises an eyebrow before shrugging her shoulders. 

“ Okay. It’s not like I can’t protect myself if you try to kill me, so whatever.'' She hops off of the car and walks over to the black SUV parked a couple spaces down. She opens the back door and takes out a backpack, then walks back over to us. 

“Okay, I’m ready. Oh and you might want to do something about the building. It's not normal to have a diner full of dead bodies. I say burn the building down, call the cops and say that you were driving by and you saw a building on fire.” She says and gets in the back seat of the Impala.

Sam and I share a look before getting in the car. I turn back to look at the little girl before asking, “ That's a great idea but, um, how exactly are we going to set a whole building on fire without leaving any kind of trace?”. She smirks at me.

“ You want to know what I am right?” She says. I nod and she points to the diner. I turn to look at it as it erupts into flames. 

Sam
Oh, so she's a witch. She turns to the SUV and mutters what I’m guessing is a spell. It bursts into flames before she takes out her phone and calls the cops. Dean pulls out of the driveway and starts heading to the bunker.  I turn back to the girl and introduce myself. “ Im Sam Winchester and this is my brother Dean.”

“Cool. Im Emma. So… Where are we going?” She asks. 

“We’re going to the bunker. It's where we live.” Dean says. 

“ Oh okay” she looks out the window and stays quiet the rest of the ride. 

Emma
About an hour later, we get to this place they call the bunker. We get out of the car and I grab my backpack and follow them to the door. Dean opens the door and walks in with Sam right behind him. I get to the door and I stop.  I slowly push my hand against the doorway and it goes through. I step in and lightly chuckle before speaking. “ You know, you should really consider putting your names on the deed to this place. You know, keep out any um, unwanted guests.” I say.

They turn around and look at me confused before Sam speaks up.  “ Wait a minute, how did you know the deed wasn’t in either of our names?”

I walk over to the table in the middle of the room and sit down. Sam and Dean each taking a seat in front of me. “ Well considering that I was able to walk through the door without being invited in, either nobody officially owns this place or the person on the deed is dead.” I say. They both pull confused faces and I roll my eyes.

Oh boy, this is going to be one heck of a conversation. “ Okay boys, lets chat.” Here goes nothing.