Niall - UTI

This one is a prompt from VictoriaVanorden2. It's one that we specifically enjoyed writing so thanks for the request.

------------

Niall's POV

"Papa, my tummy hurts" I whined as pain shot through my lower abdomen. "Niall, you're going to school, Liam is the sick one," He said. "But, my tummy hurts" "No, you're going, in the car, NOW" I obeyed. If daddy was here then he would have believed me and seen through Liam's lies.

You see, Liam had a huge test that day, and he hadn't studied a word, so he decided to say he had a headache and stomachache and he even got himself a self-induced fever by sleeping under 8 blankets.

Papa drove me to school but I kept whining and groaning on the way there. Papa looked annoyed but seemed to ignore me. "Bye Ni," He said as I hopped out of the car. I waved back and entered the building.

"Niall, are you alright back there, you seem a little pained" I heard the teacher say and shook my head and started crying. "What hurts sweety" "Stomach," I said in between sobs. "Do you feel like you're going to be sick?" I shook my head 'no'. "Do you want to go to the nurse? " I nodded. The whole class was looking at me and I was very embarrassed. I was 8 and I was crying because of a stupid stomachache. The teacher asked me best friend, Nathan to take me down to the nurse.

At the nurse's office, the nurse took my temperature. There was a fever coming along so Nathan went back to class to grab my stuff. Papa came in and got me checked out of school. "I'm sorry Niall, I didn't believe you, Liam said he felt like crap and was getting attention so I assumed you wanted some too, I'm very sorry" he ranted.

I gave him a little reassuring smile and got into the car. I was out like a bulb in a very peaceful but slightly painful sleep. I woke up on the couch with Daddy next to me. "Feeling better?" He asked. "No" "Tummy still hurts? " I nodded and groaned, turning onto my stomach. I got up and walked towards the bathroom. "You gonna be sick?" he asked standing up. "No, just need to use the toilet," I said and heard dad sigh.

It hurt to pee, and I could swear I saw blood in it. I didn't know why and I thought it was just my fever making me dilutional and making me feel things that weren't happening. Little did I know that my fever wasn't high enough to make me delirious. The pain was making me nauseous but I still didn't feel like throwing up so I left and found dad flipping through the channels on the telly.

I whimpered and saw dad's attention turn to me. "That took long, you alright" "yea, just slightly nauseous too, not going to be sick though" He nodded and gestured for me to sit on the couch. I accepted the invitation and sat down next to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"How's Li?, he's sick too, right," I asked even after knowing that he was faking. "He's faking, I know it, he just won't admit he is" dad replied. I did a little happy dance in my mind since I knew dad would see through all his lies. I know I sound mean, but I was looking forward to what punishment he would get for bunking school and skipping his test. "Where is Zayn?" I asked curious to know where the little Ine had disappeared. "He's at Ganny's because you are sick and Liam insists on being ill too." He said and I nodded in response.

Less then 10 minutes later, I felt the urge to go again. It was kind of odd since it was too quick to need to go again. I walked to the bathroom but nothing came out this time, only a few sickly sounding burps. "Ni, you alright, didn't you just go for a wee like 10 minutes ago?" I heard a voice from outside. I came back out and got a very weird look from my dad, one that I was sure papa would understand.

"You look horrible, like you're in extreme pain, your face is like, screwed up" "It hurts, a lot, like very badly. And I think there was blood in my pee" I said turning red with shame. "Wait we need to go to a hospital Niall," he said in a serious tone. I nodded and cried out of fear and embarrassment. "I'm calling Papa, get out of your uniform and into something comfortable," he said. I nodded and went to my room.

When I returned dad told me to get in the car and that papa would meet us at the hospital. Liam hadn't the faintest idea that we had left since neither of us had told him about it.

When we reached, I saw a concerned papa looking for us. We came out of the car and daddy carried me since the pain had drained all energy out of me. One look at me and the nurse guided us to the ER. I was sure it wasn't that much if an emergency but the ER, where no one other than my family and the medical staff could be with me didn't seem like a bad idea.

The Doctor came in moments later and did a quick pole test. He prodded my stomach in different locations and asked me to say if that was the point where it hurt the most. I didn't even whimper till he touched my lower abdomen.

"Ahh, you're hurting me" I screamed. The Doctor nodded and let go taking note of something. He then asked me if I was nauseous, to which I responded with a yes. A few more questions later, he left the room returning with a paper. "Niall has UTI or urinary tract infection," he said.

"I have what?"

"Urinary tract infection, or a bladder infection for you to understand better."

"What do we do about It, Doctor?" Daddy questioned and the doctor handled them the paper.

"This Is the prescription. Just do as directed and it should clear up in some time. The antibiotics and penicillin are the only medicines I or any other doctor can give. I would advise him to not go to school for at least a week just to rest and make sure the infection clears up"

We thanked the doctor and left the ER to find a pharmacy. Dad and papa bought the medicine and gave It to me in the required doses.

I felt loads better in a few days and enjoyed the pain Liam was going through, studying 4 hours a day that is except school hours even though he had nothing to Study for. He was grounded as well and was made to stay with me then he wasn't studying since both daddy and papa would be at the studio recording their respective albums.

Nathan came over on the 3rd day If my absence from school to make sure I was alright which at that time I wasn't. I was nauseous and had just thrown up so I definitely wasn't a pleasant sight. Dad assured him that I was doing better and that he had just seen me at the worst I had been that whole day when he saw my friend start to tear up at my poorly state.

When I got back to school, everyone was glad to see me especially my teacher and Nathan.

----------

It's not great but it was the most fun to write out of all the ones I have written for this book. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted. Please leave a comment and tell us how you felt when you read it.

TPWK!!