Niall Tonsillitis

This one is a request from VictoriaVanorden2. Enjoy!!

Harry - Daddy
Louis - Papa (As per usual)

-------------

Louis' POV

"Papa, my ear hurts" Niall whined coming to me for the 10th time with the same complain. 'Shit, an ear infection' I though, pretty convinced by now. "It will go away baby" I said, giving him some painkillers. He nodded and swallowing them, making a funny face. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "It hurt to swallow that" he said, holding back his tears. 'I don't think it hurts to swallow with an ear infection' I thought, making a mental note to ask Harry when he returned from the studio. I asked him to get some sleep, he looked like hadn't slept for weeks. He went to his room and fell asleep instantly. 

He woke up, looking not so bad, maybe that's what I thought because he looked half dead earlier. "How's the ear?" I asked him. "Hurts a lot" he ask, his voice scratchy and muffled. "You sound horrible, Ni" Liam said looking up from his phone. "Yea li li, ni sound owible" Zayn said leaving his toy train. "Throat is a bit sore" he said walking to me. ' I'll ask Harry about that too' I thought, not quite so sure if it really was an ear infection now. "What's wrong, like everything?" I asked him. "Head hurts, stomach hurts a little, sore throat, ear hurts the worst" he said, with his rough sounding voice. "I'm sorry baby, want something to eat?" "Nah, not hungry" He said, taking me by surprise, Niall didn't want food, he wasn't hungry, what was going on, Niall is always down to eat. I saw Liam's eyes widen. "I'll get you a some toast, okay" He nodded slightly. He ate a couple of bites and pushed the plate away "Hurts to swallow" he said. 

Harry returned and I attacked him with questions. "No to all of those, Lou" he said "Why are you asking anyway?" "Niall said he had an earache, so i thought it could be an ear infection, then he said that it hurt to swallow, so I wasn't that sure anymore" I said pausing for breath. "Than after that, when I asked him if he wanted to eat, he said 'no' and his voice sounded like shit" I continued. He tried to calm me down and it worked. "Let's just check up on him" he said.

We went to Niall's room and found him asleep again. Harry played with his hair but stopped suddenly. "Louis, get a thermometer, I think he has a temperature" he said. I provided Harry with one in seconds. "Niall, Ni, We're going to take your temperature, you feel a little warm" he said as Niall opened his sleepy eyes. Niall nodded and opened his mouth. Harry placed the little device and waited for it to beep. "102.8" He read out loud. "That's quite a fever you have there" I said speaking for the first time since we came to check on our little boy. "You can sleep with Papa and me in our room" He said. "But-" I cut him off knowing what he was going to say "No, Niall you are not too old to sleep with us" I told him putting on a what I hope was a comforting smile. We got his things and set him up on our little couch.

He slept pretty much the whole evening and barely ate any of his Nandos that Harry had got for dinner. There was something seriously wrong because no matter how ill he had ever got, he would still eat Nandos. "Niall, we'll take you to the doctor if you don't feel any better or/and that fever is still here" I told him. He nodded which was a bit strange since Niall hated Doctors.

The next day, he wasn't feeling too good, still complaining of the same symptoms so we took him in. "Niall, what are your symptoms?" the doctor asked him. He listed the same as the previous day. The doctor did a quick inspection of his throat and told us that Niall had Tonsillitis and it was getting pretty bad so he had to get them removed. "There are white swabs which confirm my diagnosis" He completed. He told us to come back the next day and to make sure that Niall hadn't eaten or drank anything in atleast 8 hours. We decided tp set the appointment for his surgery in the morning so he would not have had anything to eat the whole night.

At 10:30am the next day we reached the hospital. Niall was super scared about his surgery but Harry and I told him that everything will be fine. He was shown his room and we met his surgeon. The doctor was a very nice guy so we felt comfortable hopefully niall did too. His surgery went well and he woke up from his anesthesia 30mins after the surgery ended. He got very clingy to me, which was a rare sight in Niall's case. Niall told us that his throat hurt really bad and started crying not long after. The doctor told us that Tonsillitis is very fast spreading and that we might have caught it. He prescribed some pain killers and a numbing sprat for when he eats, so it wouldn't hurt. He was supposed to stay for the night so Harry went back home to the other 2 since Niall just wanted me. His fever was down to a 100.3 which was a good sign but he said that his ear hurt all the more. The doctor assured us that it was just because of some nerve that has got disturbed because of the surgery and that there is nothing to worry about. "The pain feom before is most likely to be from pain in his tonsils carried to his ear through the nerve" He added. After a rather long night of a clingy Niall stuck to me, We were allowed to go home but we would have to keep Niall away from the others. "Even though they probably have it, it's safer to keep him away" the doctor advised us. "and he will be weak so keep him off school for about 7-10 days"

Luckily none of us got sick, though Niall complained aboit a horrible taste in his mouth. We were told to give him soft food so all he got was mashed potatoes for breakfast, soup for lunch and soup again for dinner. Poor thing must be so bored of it by day 10. He back to normal by then just his voice was different. He went back to school and Harry and I as legal guardians had a lot of explaining to do to the school authorities and show them all of Niall's prescriptions. They asked for a medical certificate which I provided them with and Niall was good to go to school.

------------
What do you think?? Tell me in comments, love reading them. Also, I wrote this without HarryGoldenAngel.

TPWK!!

PS - In love with the pic 🥰🥰