The Rise of Voltron pt1

S H I R O

Pidge and I had already retrieved the Green Lion and were now waiting in the control room for Lance and Hunk. I felt someone nudge me and glanced to see a hesitant Keith.

"What's up?" I asked curiously.

"It's not much- I just...you okay?" Keith said awkwardly.

"Why do you ask?" I frown.

"You just seem a bit different than a year ago," Keith mumbled.

I sighed. About to answer, before the doors slid open. Hunk and Lance both walked in, groaning and rubbing their joints. I gave Keith a small look, "We can chat later,"

"You made it!" Allura cheered.

"Yeah, just barely! That was a nightmare," Lance whined, "I almost puked out there. I felt like Hunk!"

"Think about how I felt. I am Hunk!"

"Yeah. We had a tough time, too," Pidge sent me a smile which I returned.

"Did we find the Red Lion yet?" I asked Allura.

"Allura just located it. There's a bit of good news and bad news," Coran began, "The good news is, the Red Lion's nearby. The bad news is, it's onboard that Galra ship now orbiting Arus. But wait, good news again. We're Arus!"

"They're here already?" I asked baffled.

"Yes. Guess my calculations were a bit off," Coran shrugged, "Finger counting-- It's more of an art than a science. Hmm?"

A huge transmission screen showed up at the front of the room. A purple-skinned alien with large deer-like ears and an orange monocle looking thing showed on the screen, "Princess Allura, this is Commander Sendak of the Galra Empire,"

"I come on behalf of Emperor Zarkon, Lord of the Known Universe. I am here to confiscate the lions," Sendak declared, "Turn them over to me, or I will destroy your planet,"

Then he turned off his transmission. It was silent for a bit before I took charge, "Alright. Let's not panic,"

"Not panic? The scary purple alien thing is driving his battleship toward us!" Hunk rebutted, "We only have five lions-"

"Technically, only three working lions," Pidge corrected.

"That's right. Thank you, Pidge," Hunk said, "Three working lions and a castle that's, like, 10,000 years old-"

"Actually, its 10,600 years old. You see, it was built by my grandfather--"

"Thanks, Coran. Thank you for that," Hunk silenced Coran, "See? Now is the perfect time to panic!"

"Wait! This castle has a particle barrier we can activate!" Allura recalled.

"Girl, you've already activated my par--"

"Lance!" I censored.

"The particle barrier won't hold Sendal's ion cannon forever," Coran said after pulling up a blueprint of the Galra Cruiser, "The Galra technology must have advanced since we fought them last,"

"Panic now?"

"No. We've just got to figure out our plan of action and figure it out quickly," I said.

"I say we pop through a wormhole and live to fight another day," Lance suggested.

"I second that. Yes. We tried to find all the lions, right? Gave it the old college try, couldn't do it," Hunk rambled, "We only have three. We can't form Voltron. I mean I guess we could form a snake. O-or a worm! To go through that hole, Lance, that you were talking about,"