Hole in the Sky

K A Y D E N

The entire team was on the bridge, completely startled by the large red alert on the screen and the blaring alarms.

"What's going on?" Keith asked.

"Yeah, these have never gone off before," Pidge added.

"Allura, what is it?" Lance asked.

I glanced back at Allura, her eyes wide and lips agape. The sight made me slightly worry, and glance towards Coran who had a similar expression.

"Looks like you guys just saw a ghost," Hunk commented.

"That's just the thing. It's an old Altean distress code. One used by King Alfor's ships," Coran revealed and I stared at the red alert with surprise.

"Could it be? Are we not the last Altean's alive?" Allura spoke aloud, with hope.

"Wait," my voice came out stern, the paladins and princess looking at me, "What is someones cloning the signal and trying to lure us?"

I looked down at Keith, since I was standing beside his new seat. The male pursed his lips, "It's a big possibility,"

"The signal is from an Altean ship, and we're going to find it!" Allura disregarded the two of us, her little pillar things rising up.

"Princess, it isn't hard to cloak a signal. Especially that of an extinct race..." I warned her.

Allura either didn't hear me or ignored me. Whatever the case, I grunted steadying myself with the back of Keith's chair as the ship launched into a wormhole jump. I looked at Coran, "Any chance the white paladin has a seat?"

Coran glanced back with an amused grin, "The white paladin never had a seat. As far as I recall, they would always stan beside one of the other paladins, or if wanting a seat, use an empty one of the paladins. For example, the seat for the blue paladin,"

I just blinked and sighed, sticking with standing. We exited the wormhole and the sight in front of us made me gasp. It was huge swirl of light, looking similar to a really bright black hole. The difference, other than the light, was that there was a front half of a ship sticking in it.

"That looks like a Tel-Galax exploration shuttle," Allura informed, "One of my father's deep space vessels,"

"According to the ships identification code, it's Commodore Trayling's ship," Coran said after getting a fixed read of the Altean shuttle, "But I don't see any records of it's destination or mission,"

"What happened to it?" Lance asked.

"Is it stuck in a wormhole?" Hunk added.

"That's unlike any wormhole I've ever seen," Coran responded.

The readings of the light hole showed on the screen. Scanning the readings, I explained to the others, "There's a massive amount of energy emanating from it centered right where the ship is stuck,"

"We have to see if anyone aboard. They may need our help," Allura declared and I couldn't help but scoff under my breath.

As much as I found the princess a close friend, I am not fond of her rudeness. I understand this was her home and her people, but I can't help but think if it were any other type of signal, she wouldn't be so pushy and have been conscious with the mindset this could be a trap.

"We could send a probe over," Pidge offered, "see if we can get some kind of idea what this thing is?"

"Do it," Keith nodded.

I watched as the probe was launched from the castle and flew over to the Altean ship. Pidge was looking at the readings sent back from the probe, and quickly informed, "The energy shows no signs of radioactive decay and it's not thermal,"