Chapter Twenty-four

6:14am, Monday November 2nd

I blinked, brows furrowed. As I reached up to wipe the gunk out of my eyes and realised that it must be morning, judging by the fact that I am in bed and there is sun streaming in through the windows. James' arms around me tightened when I tried to sit up. How did I get here? And where are my pants?

I sat up sharply and gasped. James elbowed himself in the face as his arm was thrown backwards. He groaned.

"Where's Sven?" I asked, frowning sharply. He rubbed his eyes.

"Who?" Hale asked from the other side of me.

"Sven." I looked down at him as James pushed himself up to stare at me.

"Who the hell is Sven?"

"It's the reindeer from Frozen," Ollie grumbled, his voice muffled by Casper's chest. James rolled his eyes.

"Did you have a dream? Or are we talking about a different Sven?"

"The dog," I said quietly. "From last night..."

Realisation dawned on his face and he sighed and rubbed his face, where I can see a bruise forming above his eye. "You've named it Sven?"

I hummed and rolled over to straddle him. He put his hands on my ass and scooted me forwards. I hooked my arms around his neck and smiled.

"Sven is a great name, Baby," he murmured, resting his forehead on my shoulder and sighing deeply. I kissed the side of his head and wiggled on his lap, chuckling softly. "You're feeling good today," he said with a chuckle.

I nodded, slightly surprised myself that I am actually feeling awake and like I can do things. "Can we go for a walk?" I asked, knowing that asking to go for a run is probably going to result in him saying no and listing the reasons I'm not allowed to run.

"I have to work today, my love." James stroked my hair. I twisted my lips and sighed. "We can go when I get home."

"You and I can go after breakfast," Cas grumbled beside me. James rubbed his hands beneath my t-shirt and smiled, cocking his head. Hale sat up and rubbed his eyes, taking his phone off the bedside table and swiping through his notifications.

"We should—should—should find out if Cora likes dogs..." he said around a yawn. I hope she does. Otherwise Sven can't come home with us. "Why are we awake at 6:20 in the morning?" Hale looked at me.

I shrugged. "I didn't mean to wake all of you."

"Just me?" James replied

"Well you elbowed yourself in the face, that's hardly my fault," I said, smirking. James' brows jumped and his hands danced up my sides. I laughed, trying to get away from him. His arms encircled my waist and one of my legs got caught on the duvet.

"My own fault, is it? Are you hearing this, Cas?" he said,

Cas hummed, but didn't open his eyes.

"Right, get your ass up, we're going to get some breakfast." He didn't bother waiting for me to untangle myself, and instead shifted me onto Hale's lap and crawled out of bed. I followed, still kind of gasping for breath, but grinning as I followed him downstairs. "Fuck, it's freezing in here. Why's the heater not on?" he glanced at Hale, who shrugged.

"I turned it on last night."

"Must've turned itself off..." James trailed off, looking annoyed. He switched it back on and tossed my dressing gown and slippers at me. "You want eggs for breakfast? Or maybe pancakes?"