Chapter Twenty-five

7:54am, Tuesday November 3rd

I blinked, yawned, and pushed myself into a sitting position. Ollie stood at the end of the bed hopping on one foot and cursing loudly. Hale watched from the bathroom door and James from the wardrobe.

"Are you done?" Cas asked, sitting up. His hair stood on end. I love Cas with bed-head, I thought as Hale came out of the bathroom and around the bed. He sat down beside me and kissed my cheek.

"Sorry," Ollie gasped, still clutching his foot, a pained look on his face. James rolled his eyes and continued tying his tie.

"Good morning," Hale said, leaning over to kiss Cas, who grumbled and sighed, rubbing his eyes. "I'll go down and grab you something warm to drink and you can stay in bed until it warms up." Hale smiled and went downstairs. Cas shuffled over and pulled me into his lap. I leant back against his chest and watched Ollie inspect his toe that he must've stubbed on something.

"Do we need to chop it off?" Cas rasped, voice thick with sleep.

Ollie shot him a look and went back to trying to put his jeans on. "I'm fine."

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Cas murmured. Ollie either didn't hear or pretended not to. I turned my head slightly to kiss Cas on the cheek, humming softly. "Are you nervous for today?"

I shook my head slowly. I'm not nervous, I don't think I have the energy to be nervous. I guess Tuesday and Wednesday will be rather hard for me from now on, given the status of my health. If Cora doesn't understand why I'm sick, problems will arise. But she's 13, not six, and she definitely isn't stupid.

"Will you be alright to meet the builder today?" Cas asked next.

"I think so. You said you'd try and be quick, as long as I don't need to answer any questions, then we'll be fine," I said, shrugging as Hale came in with a tray. He set it down on the bed but slapped my hands away when I reached for the mug of steaming hot chocolate, instead handing me the glass of suspicious chocolate milk.

"This first." Hale frowned at me. I noticed James come out of the wardrobe and stand where he could see me take it. Do they not trust me to actually take the medication that's saving my life?Probably not, I concluded, sighing and downing the disgusting brown liquid like a shot before thrusting the empty glass back at Hale, who smiled approvingly.

I sipped the hot chocolate and watched James finish getting ready while Ollie did his hair in the bathroom. "What time will you be home?" I asked the room at large, looking between the three occupants.

"I won't be home until 5 o'clock," Hale said, sighing as he pulled on his coat and tied his shoe laces.

"My usual time. Latest 4:30." Ollie grinned at me.

"I'll be home early this afternoon. Not sure what time, but before 3:30," James said, coming over and kissing Cas on the lips, then me. "I'll make dinner tonight, maybe with Cora if she wants to help." He slipped his shoes on and I noticed the two pairs of socks. Must be getting cold in his office.

Casper sighed and Ollie glanced at the clock, cursing loudly before diving across the bed, kissing both Cas and I, then running out of the room, still cursing. "He's not that late," Cas said, frowning.

"He has a meeting with a parent this morning," James said as the clock ticked over to 8:15. "He's got to be there by 8:30 and he hasn't eaten yet."

"I'll take him a smoothie on my way," Hale said. James smiled briefly.

"I've got to go, but I'll see you later. Call me if you need anything." James kissed me again before grabbing his phone and trotting downstairs. Hale smirked and took Casper's empty mug with him as he left as well. Cas sighed dramatically. I leant back against him and sipped my drink. I could get used to mornings in bed, drinking hot chocolate and waiting for the house to warm up.