Chapter Twelve

You ran up to where the jet had landed, Nat and Steve came off the jet. "Is he here?" you said. They nodded as you went on the jet. Your heart was racing in your chest, this could be the second first time that you were going to see Bucky again. Or this could be when you reunite and you apologise for being an idiot and breaking up with him. You didn't care which one. As long as you had Bucky. 

"Y/n," said Bucky from behind you. He was holding a rose, he looked tired but he smiled at you as he handed you the rose. You let a tear roll down your face and threw your arms around him. You felt his hands on your waist as he held you tighter. He still remembered. They hadn't wiped his memories. He was still here, he had still remembered you. Even though he was with them. 

"I thought I'd lost you," you whispered. 

He pulled away from you and kissed your cheek, "You could never lose me doll," he said. You took his hand and helped him leave the jet, he was walking with a slight limp but apart from that he seemed to be okay. You helped him back into the tower.

"How about I take you on a real date?" said Bucky, his hand still in yours. 

"Are you sure?" you said, "Don't you want to rest," he still seemed pretty tired and what with being recaptured by the people that ruined his life and all you thought he'd just want to read one of his boring books. And you wouldn't have blamed him. You wouldn't have blamed him if he wanted nothing to do with you ever again. But a real date. Omg. 

"I wouldn't be able to sleep," he said, "Not when you're across the hall," you blushed. He was a hopeless romantic and it was the cutest thing ever.

"Fine," you said, "I'm gonna go get ready okay?" you let go of his hand and went into your room.

You put on your favourite sundress and heels before applying your make-up. You brushed through your hair. You'd probably looked a mess when he saw you again. With the fact you hadn't slept in a week and had been surviving off coffee you were a mess. But now you were back with Bucky and he was safe so everything was okay. And it was going to work out.

-------------------

Bucky had taken you to his favourite restaurant. It was this cute little Italian place near Brooklyn. "Okay so how do you know this place?" you said, taking a sip of your drink.

"Well it used to be a bar in the forties," said Bucky, "I used to come with Steve,"

"What was it like?" you said, "Coming to the tower and stuff,"

"Difficult at first," he said, "Until I met you," you blushed, he was so adorable.

The rest of the night you spent getting to know each other, you told him about your childhood, which was pretty boring because you never left the mansion. He shared memories of him and Steve before the war and you finally saw him happy again, he had this big smile plastered across his face, especially when he looked at you.

As you were walking back to the tower, your arm linked with Bucky's he stopped, you had been walking in silence for a while. Which you didn't mind. "Is everything okay?" you asked. His eyes looked distant, it was like that first night, like the nightmares, "Bucky?" you asked, starting to panic. You had no idea what to do because he was still conscious, and people had started to slow down as they noticed you freak out. 

He spluttered out a deep breath as his eyes darted back round the street, and he regained memories of where he was. "Sorry," he said, "I just, I wanted to tell you about HYDRA but when the memories came flooding back it started to freak me out,"

"Hey look it's okay," you said, you rubbed his arm gently, "It's getting cold let's get back to the tower,"

"Look," said Bucky, you looked up to where it was beginning to snow. He looked in awe as snowflakes fell around you, covering the ground in a blanket of white snow. You had forgotten it was almost Christmas, what with the whole saving Bucky thing.

"I can't believe I forgot it was Christmas," you said, as you brushed some snowflakes that had landed in Bucky's hair.

"I can't believe you didn't bring a jacket," said Bucky, making you laugh. He handed you his blazer jacket which you wrapped around your shoulders. Without his jacket, you could see his tightly fitted shirt. God he was gorgeous.

You walked back to the tower, hand in hand, with Bucky's jacket wrapped around you as the snow fell. It was like the most magical first date ever, it was perfect. "You realise this is our actual first date," you said, as the tower started to near in sight. Then you told yourself you were being dumb since this was literally the whole point of the date. That it was your first real date. 

"I suppose," he said, "I did make you dinner once though,"

"That's true," you said. You opened the door to the tower and stepped inside, the heat instantly hitting you. Bucky's hand was still in yours and this time you didn't care that everyone could see. You didn't care what your dad thought. You cared about Bucky, because you loved him.

As you stopped outside your bedroom door, Bucky's lips gently brushed yours before he kissed your hand and walked to his room, "Night Doll," he said, closing his door. You couldn't stop thinking about him as you walked back into your room and got ready to sleep. He was always on your mind. Everything you owned brought you a memory of him. You noticed the rose that Bucky had given you before on your bed, and placed it gently on the dresser. You would frame it tomorrow. As a reminder of today. Not that you could ever forget. 

You could never forget Bucky.