Chapter Seventeen

You took a deep breath, "Buck," he watched you intently, tracing circles on your hand as he waited for you to say something, "I think I might be pregnant," you said quietly. Scared of how he might react. Not that you were scared of him. This thing was kind of just new. 

"What?" said Bucky, his voice was emotionless as you told him what you thought might be causing everything, "You're kidding right,"

You tried to hold it together as you waited for Bucky to shout something at you or storm out but he didn't say anything. He slipped his hand into yours, and sat silently with you. This was going to be the hardest thing you'd ever have to do. And you didn't want to do it alone. But you would respect his decision if he chose not to be involved. I mean you wouldn't respect his decision, but you didn't really have much of a choice. 

"I'm sorry doll," said Bucky, "I shouldn't have said that it wasn't fair to you,"

"No Bucky I get it," you said, "I'm ruining your life," this was true of course. He had joined the tower to be an avenger right, yet it seemed that the only thing he cared about was you. You didn't mind but it wouldn't be fair of you to force him into becoming a father only a couple months after Steve had brought him back to the tower. Only a year ago he had been the Winter Soldier, a brainwashed assassin for HYDRA. Now it felt like you were forcing him into having this normal life that you didn't even know he wanted.

"No you're not," said Bucky.

"Yes Bucky I am," you said, your voice breaking from trying not to cry, "You've been in the tower less than two months and I've already told you that you're going to be a father, sent you back into HYDRA's control and broken your heart," a tear managed to escape as Bucky stayed in silence.

"I never wanted to even go to the war," he said quietly, "I did it for my country, because I had to, not like Steve, Steve wanted to go, I wanted a normal life and a family," you didn't look at him and instead looked at the floor, "And you're telling me I might be able to have that with you and then saying you ruined my life," you said nothing, "You're crazy if you think I don't want this doll," 

He brushed the hair from the side of your face as you looked at the floor. You didn't know whether he was just saying that to make you feel better or whether he actually meant it. He kissed your cheek, and tilted your head so you were looking into his eyes. 

"This is going to be one of the best things in my life doll," he said, "You're the best thing in my life,"

"I love you," you whispered before you buried your face in his chest so he wouldn't know you were crying over what he had just said to you. You didn't deserve him. He was literally the most amazing person ever. 

"So we're going to go to the store, get a test and make sure this is true," he said, "And we'll work out together,"

Authors Note: That was kinda short but it felt right to end it there so that's my explanation.