Chapter Nineteen

Christmas Eve, it was one of the best days of the year. Except for you and Bucky, it was the most nerve racking day. Today Tony, Nat and Clint were returning from their mission. You didn't know how to tell your dad, so you were going to tell Nat. You were shaking when the jet landed and everyone got off. Bucky had his arm around you and tried to stop you from shaking so badly. "Any news?" said Nat, coming over to you. If only she knew. You shook your head and let her go and recover from the mission before telling her about the baby. 

About an hour later you and Bucky decided that you would tell her. So you made the way to her room, shaking nervously. "Can I talk to you?" you asked Nat, knocking on her bedroom door, which was open. Nat turned around from where she was putting away her stuff from the mission.

"Sure," she said, you closed the door and stood awkwardly by the window. She looked over to you, concern in her eye, "Y/n are you okay?"

"No," you said, "I mean yes but like also no," this wasn't exactly how you had planned telling her, "I'm pregnant," you said, tears welling in your eyes, "I'm so scared Nat, I don't know what to do, I don't want to make my dad angry, but I also know that I really want this,"

"I'm gonna be an aunt?" she said. You nodded your head and she smiled, "Y/n that's amazing," she looked over to where you were silently trying not to cry, "You're happy though right?"

"I'm happy," you said, "Both me and Bucky are happy, I just don't know how to tell my dad,"

"We'll sort something out," she said, "Don't worry," you were so lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people. And you were so lucky that Nat was your best friend, and that she would be there for you as well as Bucky. You would still have family. 

-----------------

"This is a bad idea," you said as Nat handed you a pregnancy test, "I don't think I should just hand him this," she rolled her eyes as you went into the bathroom to take another test. 

"Still positive," you said, emerging from the bathroom.

"Okay now take a picture and we'll print it down at the store," she said, "You gotta be quick though they'll close soon,"

Twenty minutes later you printed off the photo in the store and picked up a baby hat. It was too adorable not to buy. You were nervous to place the picture in a card with the hat but you knew that you had to tell your dad at some point. It was going to be a gift for your dad tomorrow, maybe it was a mistake to tell him on Christmas Day, but not telling him was driving you insane.

When you got back to the tower your dad had ordered shawarma. Unfortunately for you, the thought of eating it made you want to throw up. Bucky could tell something was up when you sat down, "You okay doll?" he asked quietly, trying not to draw attention. He squeezed your hand supportively under the table. 

"I'm gonna throw up if I eat that" you said. Trying to hide the fact you were pregnant was extremely hard, and you just hoped that once you told your dad tomorrow, everything was going to work out.

"I have some last minute wrapping to do," you said, "I'll be up later," you went back to your room and made sure everyone's gift and card had been neatly wrapped and put in a gift bag. You opened your wardrobe and reached for the top shelf, finding Bucky's gift, you made sure everything was perfect. You wanted his first Christmas he could remember to be perfect, and that you made sure your dad didn't ruin it.

"Hey doll," said Bucky, opening the door as you put his gift back in the wardrobe, "There's like a small party going on in the living room, are you coming?"

"Yeah, I'll just get ready," you said, you were exhausted and all you wanted to do was go to sleep with Bucky's arms around you, but you had to keep your cover just until tomorrow. And then you could sleep all day, and not have to worry about someone finding out. 

"Are you sure Doll?" he said, sitting down on your desk chair, "We don't have to go,"

"Yeah," you said, pulling on one of Bucky's hoodies on top of your dress and putting your hair into braids. He slipped his hand into yours as you made your way up to the party. There were small conversations going on and people drinking.

"Cocktail Y/n," said Tony, "I made your favourite,"

"Um," you said, looking to Bucky, "Yeah, sure," you took the cocktail from him and placed it down in front of you on the table as you sat on the sofa. You curled up next to Bucky as the group discussed the last Christmas as a group, you knew it made Bucky feel left out so you stayed silent.

"Well it's late," said Steve getting up, "I'll see you all tomorrow,"

The rest of the group slowly started to disperse as the night went on. You took the still full cocktail glass over to the sink and threw it away, breathing a sigh of relief no one had said anything.

------------------

You climbed into bed next to Bucky, who was reading his book. He put his arm round you as you finished up sending emails for Stark Industries. Tomorrow was the only day the company closed and so you finished up the work. With only a few more stocks left to buy back it was starting to become more stressful, as the people kept pushing for more money for their stocks. You noticed the time on your phone read one minute past midnight.

"Happy Christmas baby," you said, kissing Bucky, "I love you,"

"I love you too," he said, "Happy Christmas doll,"