Chapter Twenty

Everyone was sat in the living room, surrounded by gifts and Christmas cookies. It was mid morning and the snow was falling heavily outside the tower. You were sat in Bucky's arms, and it was your turn to give Tony his gift. You were filled with nerves as you handed him the gift bag. You had originally bought him a new coffee machine for his lab, which he opened first. "We don't have a coffee machine?" he said, sarcastically, but smiled as he thanked you for the gift. 

And then he pulled out the card, your stomach filled with nerves and butterflies as Nat smiled at you. Bucky's arms around you tightened slightly, you could tell he was nervous too. He opened the card, a picture of you and him last Christmas on the front. As he opened it, the photo slipped out onto the floor. He picked it up and looked at it, and the baby hat in his hands. He didn't say anything for a while and you started to panic. Everyone was staring at you. Your dad's face was expressionless. "I'm going to have a grandchild?" he said quietly, staring at you and Bucky.

"Yeah," you said, quietly. Shaking with nerves for the reaction that was about to come. Everyone stayed silent as Tony looked at the baby hat in his hand. 

"This is amazing," he said, smiling at you, "I'm so happy for you," that was weird, you were expecting a more negative reaction, but seeing the way his face lit up when he looked at that baby hat you couldn't help but smile as a tear rolled down your cheek. Bucky kissed your cheek and you smiled.

"I thought you'd be mad," you said awkwardly. The group still hadn't said anything as they watched your dad.

"Why?" he said, "You guys are going to be the best parents," he smiled at you, "I know that you are because even after I broke you up, you still got back to each other, I see the way you look at each other, the way you can't be away from each other, you guys are meant to be, and I don't know any two people better for raising a child," tears were slipping down your cheeks at what he had just said.

"So you're really okay with all of this?" you asked.

"I'm happy for you," he said, "I love you,"

The rest of the group congratulated you and exchanged the rest of the gifts. You had saved Bucky's for last because it was the most special gift you'd ever bought. He took the gift bag from you and took out the neatly wrapped gift. You watched as he opened the paper, revealing the box. He opened the lid of the box, to reveal the locket. His eyes flicked to yours, before he opened the locket. Inside was your favourite picture with him, you had taken it in the snow on the way back from your first official date. "It's perfect," he said, "Thank you,"

Bucky had bought you a new dress, some shoes and a necklace. "I didn't know what to get you," said Bucky, "You're better at shopping than me," just the thought of him trying to get you a perfect gift was enough for you. "Also I did buy the dress before I knew you were pregnant so technically that's not my fault," 

"It's perfect Buck," you said, "Thank you," 

-------------------

You had spent the rest of the day with your family. Clint had left mid morning so he could be with his family, but everyone else had stayed. The avengers only really had each other as their family, which is why everyone was such good friends. Not only did they go out and risk their lives for each other. At the end of each day they came back to each other to. Because they had no one else. Which is why you knew that no matter what happened, they would all be there for you and Bucky, and your baby. Which would prove useful, especially into the future. 

"Thank you for my gift doll," said Bucky, as you climbed into bed beside him, he already had the locket on over his shirt.

"You deserve it," you said, "I love you,"

"I love you too," he said, "Goodnight doll," you rested your head on his chest as you drifted into sleep, the day had gone more perfectly than planned, and for that you were grateful.