four

╮welcome to the team╰

"Fifteen thousand dollars!" Spencer exclaimed as she ran into Hans store with Connie; Guy and Charlie not far behind the two girls.

"We can finally get nice jerseys!" Connie squealed as she and Spencer jumped up and down in excitement.

"Girls are so weird," Charlie said to Guy. Guy nodded in agreement and the two split up to look through the store.

Spencer stood at the wall of skates, carefully looking over every pair. The small girl smiled as she reached out and grabbed a pair of black skates that sat just above her head.

"Wow," Spencer mutter as she looked over the skates. She quickly pulled out the tongue to check the size. Her shoulders slumped as she noticed that the particular pair of skates were a size too big. "Dang. They're too big."

"Do you like these skates?" Spencer quickly whipped around and saw it was Hans who had asked her the question.

"Oh, I love them but they're too big. I wouldn't be able to wear them." Spencer answered, her gaze now downcast.

"Hm," Han hummed, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. The man gently motioned towards the skates in Spencer's hands. "Can I?"

"Yeah," Spencer answered as she handed over the skates and watched the man inspect them.

"What size skate do you wear?" Han asked, still looking over the skates.

"Um, a size six I think," Spencer responded, looking at the shop owner curiously.

"I'll have your skates finished tomorrow night," Hans said, placing the skate back in its place.

"Really?" Spencer asked, visibly brightening in excitement.

"The fastest skater in the league needs quality skates, does she not?" Han asked, smiling fondly at the girl in front of him.

"Thank you, Hans! You're the best!" Spencer said, quickly hugging the man before excitedly running off to find one of her friends.

"Hey, Spence, come here," Charlie said, waving the girl over to the rack holding hockey sticks. "Check these out," he said upon her approach, pointing at the hockey sticks. The two slowly walked down the small rack, inspecting all of the sticks. The two finally stopped at the end, intrigued by the black-handled sticks.