eleven

╮team bonding╰

╮team bonding╰

Spencer rolled her eyes as she was constantly pulled around by the rest of the team. The girl had gotten stuck between Fulton and Dean with her back pressed against her boyfriend's chest and Dean sandwiching them together. Bombay had tied the team together with a rope after dressing them in either a red or blue mesh jersey, claiming it to be a team-bonding exercise.

"This is more crowded than a truckload of goats," Dwayne grumbled from somewhere in the crowd of tied-up players.

"Somebody better watch their hands," Julie said, her annoyance apparent in her voice.

"Yeah, someone licked me!" Averman complained, attempting to wipe at the spot he'd been licked.

"If whoever is touching me down there doesn't take their hand away right now, I will knock someone's teeth down their throat," Spencer said, rolling her eyes as she attempted to pull away from whoever's hand it was.

"Oh, I smell somethin'," Guy said, everyone taking a moment to sniff the air before catching a whiff of the awful smell.

"Goldberg!" Everyone chorused, assuming the boy was the cause of the awful smell.

"It wasn't me," Goldberg defended.

"No," Dean started, lifting his hands in the air in achievement. "It was me!"

"Thank you!" Goldberg said as everyone else continued to complained about the smell.

"Good God, that smells awful!" Spencer said as she started breathing through her mouth to keep from smelling it.

"Can you stop breathing down my neck, please?" Dean asked, craning his neck to look at the girl behind him. Spencer gave a blank look of shock, Bombay's whistle keeping her from saying anything else.

"I don't know how to make this any clearer," Bombay started as he circled the young players. "You are a team. And to win this thing, you have to work as one. Now as one, skate." Bombay watched as everyone pulled in different directions, the whole team falling to the ground.

"Everyone goes their own way, everyone falls down," Bombay said as he stared at his team. "Now get up and try it again."

"All right, all of you move to your right, now," Dean demanded, fully expecting his new teammates to listen to him.