ten

╮new recruits╰

╮new recruits╰

"Tell me about my new kids," Bombay said as he and the team stood by Tibbles, watching as the recruits took the ice.

"That's Luis Mendoza," Tibbles said as he pointed out the tan boy in the blue jersey. "He's from our Miami Club. A real speedster. Incredible skater."

"We already have speed. They don't call Spencer the Scarlet Speedster for nothing," Bombay said, pointing to the blonde beside him.

"Trust me, you want him," Tibbles said before turning back to the boy. "I clocked him at one point nine seconds, blue line to blue line."

"I can do that board to board," Spencer said, not in the least bit intimidated by her fellow speedster. The girl watched in boredom as the boy skated around to show off his speed.

"Good-lookin' skater," Connie said to Spencer, the latter giving a slight nod and shrug of agreement.

"Very good-lookin'. What do you think, Guy?" Averman asked to antagonize the boy next to him.

"Shut up, Averman," Guy responded as he elbowed the curly-headed boy in the chest and watched as he fell.

"He has one minor problem," Tibbles said as everyone watched the boy crash into the boards. "Has a little trouble stopping."

"He might be as fast as me but at least I can stop," Spencer retorted, cringing at how hard Luis hit the boards.

"Can you fix that?" Bombay asked as he looked over his shoulder at the girl.

"I can try," Spencer answered, watching as the other four recruits helped Luis to his feet.

"Jealous?" Goldberg asked, looking up at Fulton.

"Why should I be jealous? The kid can't even stop," Fulton said, rolling his eyes at the boy's suggestion.

"I mean," Jesse teased, "last year, Spencer taught you how to skate and look at the two of you now! All happy and sweet. Probably gonna get married and stuff."

"Might even have a kid or two," Goldberg added as he and Jesse laughed. Fulton scoffed and rolled his eyes at the two boys before turning to watch the rest of the recruits.