six

╮ouch╰

╮ouch╰

Spencer sat backward on the small grey seat beside the that bench Charlie, Connie, and Guy currently sat on with Fulton standing in-front of her by his locker. Everyone laughed as jokes flew around the locker room, everyone occupied in their own conversations. The team paused for a minute as a dejected Jesse and Peter walked into the locker room. All joking around quickly resumed as Averman cracked a joke.

"Guys, we're so close to the play-offs!" Spencer said in excitement, making Connie, Guy, Charlie, and Fulton look at her.

"We may actually make it this year!" Guy said, the two leaning over Charlie and Connie to high-five.

"Oh yeah!" Charlie said as he pumped his arms in excitement.

"Hand me my jersey please?" Spencer softly asked Fulton as she pointed at the jersey sitting in her locker. The blonde gently smiled as she muttered a small thank you before pulling the jersey over her head, struggling to get it over her shoulder pads. Seeing her struggle, Fulton grabbed the bundled jersey that sat around her neck, turned it slightly, and pulled it down.

"Thanks," Spencer said as she patted down the loose hairs that fallen out of her braids. Spencer looked over her shoulder when she heard the door open. Seeing their coach walk in, she turned around in her seat to face him.

"Hey," Bombay started softly as he approached Jesse and Terry, "why aren't you guys in uniform? We got warmups in half an hour." The two boys shared a look before ignoring the coach. Bombay stared for a moment before turning to look at the rest of the team.

"All right everyone, listen up!" Bombay said, grabbing the team's attention. Conversations ceased and laughing stopped as everyone turned to listen to the coach. "I got some good news. We're getting a new player. Adam Banks."

"Adam Banks? From the Hawks?" Spencer asked as she stared at her coach in confusion. The rest of the team talked in disbelief as they all looked around the room.

"He's a Hawk," Karp said, clearly not wanting Adam on the team.

"He's a good player," Bombay responded in defense of the team's soon-to-be newest player.

"Uch!" Karp gagged in disgust.

"Everybody hates him," Jesse said from his spot beside Peter.

"Yeah, we don't need him!" Connie quickly added.

"We don't want him even if we do need him," Spencer said, the team nodding in agreement.