The Phenomenal Gown

"How was last night?" Hermione asked me at dinner. I choked on my drink.

"What?" I said wiping my face with a napkin.

"Your study date with Draco?" I couldn't tell if she knew we had done it or not.

"Oh yeah we learned lots of stuff," I nodded.

"You got some- um- you got some juice above your lip," she pointed the location on her face.

"Oh, thanks," I wiped it with the back of my hand.

"Did you just study or did anything else happen?" She smiled teasingly. I was saved by Harry.

"Hello, ladies," I lifted my chalice to him. "I had a question for you, um, (y/n)," he said. I had a slight idea of what he was going to ask.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked, acting clueless.

"It's- so Professor Slughorn is throwing a Christmas party,"

"Mhm,"

"And he wanted us to bring a plus one,"

"Mhm,"

"So, I was wondering.....if,"

"He was wondering if you could be his date!" Hermione interrupted. "Gosh you take so long Harry!" My eyes widened.

"Relax, Hermione," I said.

"Sorry,"

"I would love to Harry but-"

"So it's settled you two are going together yay!" Hermione interrupted again because she knew I was going to reject the offer.

"Brilliant. See you then, (y/n)," Harry smiled as he walked away.

"Hermione! Draco's going to be so mad!"

"And what is he going to do?"

"I suppose you're right," I answered.

"So, we should go to town and find you a dress. I'm going to the party as well so we should pick one out together!"

"Ooh, sounds fun. One problem,"

"What is that?"

"I haven't any money,"

"Oh, well that's okay. I haven't got much either. We can send our owls to our parents?" She suggested.

"Well, I haven't spoken to my parents since we got here. They haven't even sent 1 letter!"

"I'm sure they'll be happy to help,"

"I hope so,"

A week later, Hermione got a letter back from her parents. It contained a check worth 70 galleons. My parents still hadn't written back to me.

"You are a wealthy family. I wonder why your parents haven't written back," Hermione said.

"Maybe they have forgotten about me,"

"How could they? You're their precious daughter!"

"They have other priorities. Maybe they're sucking up to Umbridge right now," I laughed.

"Possibly. Let's write a letter to your godparents then. We've only got a week left!"

        2 days later, a light brown owl with big, yellow eyes dropped a letter in front of me.

"Must be from my godparents," I said. I began to rip it open. "Wow, this is a lot of money," they had sent me 150 galleons. "I don't think I'll need this much!"

"Well, you'll be getting an awfully good dress!" Hermione laughed

        With permission of Professor McGonagall, we were allowed to go into Hogsmeade to buy a dress for the party.

"Look at this one!" Hermione ran over to a purple gown.

"Look at this one!" I pointed to a poofy, yellow dress.

"So many good options! Almost as hard as picking out my dress for the Yule Ball!"

"I think this one would suit you, Hermione!" I gently touched a salmon colored dress.

"Ooh, it looks perfect! I'll try it on in the fitting rooms!" She said as she began to walk over to the store clerk so they could get her the dress. Meanwhile, I kept looking for one for myself.
         After a few minutes, I came across a breath taking, dark blue dress. It had ribbon straps and reached almost down to my ankles.

"Perfect," I said to myself. It had little to no texture. I usually liked full dresses but something about this one made my heart skip a beat.

"I see you've found your dress," Hermione smiled walking over to me.

"Yes! It's beautiful!"

"I'm sure Har- Draco would love to see you in it," she  stuttered.

"Yeah," my eyes widening.

"We better get back before we miss anything important!" Hermione sort of whispered. "Don't worry, I've already payed," she said, taking my arm as we walked out.