Babysitting 8

As the voice message sounded, I turned off my phone and placed it back to my pocket. My eyes still glued to his phone at the top of the table.

'Did he forget to pick his phone on his way out?'

That was so unlike Hanamiya.

I might not know him on a personal level but I did know that forgetting things was a character that you could not associate to his personality, more so to a genius like him.

If he could possibly forget one thing, that would be his manners.

Contemplating on whether to pick the phone or just left it there to rot, a knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts.

At first I thought it was Hanamiya but that would be impossible as knocking was clearly not included his dictionary of manners.

"Come in," I said and picked Hanamiya's phone off the table.

Aki's head popped in the door way first, his eyes wandering around. He sighed in relief as he entered.

"Is there something wrong, Aki-san?" I questioned, finding his behavior earlier as unusual.

"Umm... I heard from Fuyu-chan that Hanamiya-san entered the office not too long ago. I was just checking if he's still here or not," he laughed sheepishly, a folder in his hand.

"He left as soon as he got here," I said not really wanting to fill him in with the happenings. "So, what can I do for you Aki-san?"

Aki was the Student Council's Secretary.

"Regarding the vacant seat in the disciplinary committee..."

Right. That slipped out of my mind.

The disciplinary committee was consisted of four persons. I had been a member since first year and got re-elected just this year, I was appointed as the head, although to be honest, the head thingy was decided by the members and not the council itself.

Now going back to the vacant position, earlier this year, one of the members transferred to another school, leaving a vacant post.

If proper procedures were to follow, an election was supposed to be conducted, but with the hectic schedule and the sport tournaments around the corner, the election was not given any attention.

"Mirano-sensei recommended someone..."

Mirano-sensei again.

A sense of unease washed over me.

My encounter with Mirano-sensei had not been the best for the past few days. For some unfortunate reasons, she brought nothing but bad news.

And the difficult part was I could not refuse her requests.

Who could refuse a delicate and kind-hearted teacher who only seeks the betterment of the students?

I watched as Aki slid the folder to my direction and the sense of unease doubled.

I stared at the folder. "Did the council president approve of the person?"

"Yes. Actually, Mirano-sensei and Maki-san discussed it two days ago. They a-approve of him."

Him...

"Do you know the him?" I asked and Aki flinched.

"I... he's quite famous... by the way Asato-san, I have unfinished things to do at the council... see you later..." Aki quickly stood up and left the room in haste.

My gaze went back to folder. I slowly opened its cover and the name on the upper part made me shock beyond words.

Name: Hanamiya Makoto
Year: 2nd
Age: 17 years old

F*ck!