Babysitting 9

A/N: Multiple updates because why not <3

I was not a fan of spewing curses but currently, all I wanted to do is just that.

I entered the student council room with a slam. Everyone in the room flinched at the sound but Maki, the student council president, sat there calmly. As if anticipating that this would happen.

I nearly slammed the folder in front of him but I held myself.

My eyes met Aki's and he shrunk at his seat.

"You are not serious, are you, Maki-san?" I put the folder in front of him, pointing at the name of the student.

The very name of the student I had been wanting to stay away from for the sake of my sanity.

The very name of Hanamiya Makoto.

"I am, Asato-san."

My anger flared up and I felt like wrecking havoc. "Are you kidding me? The guy had a bad reputation and you approve him to be a member of the disciplinary committee?"

Maki exhaled and closed his eyes. "I did consider that but Mirano-sensei said that it wouldn't be a bad idea... that the guy is scary enough to-" he cleared his throat as everyone in the room held their breath.

"Well... he is not the perfect candidate but he is good and pass the physical requirements. He's also a genius so there wouldn't be any problems in regards to time management and most of all... Mirano-sensei recommended him."

"How about the person in question?"

Surely, Hanamiya would not accept the invitation right?

"He signed," Maki tapped at the part where Hanamiya's signature  sat like a slap to my expectation.

I could not believe this. Wasn't he the type to hate unnecessary responsibilities? Things like this seemed to be a bother to him.

Even his answer at why he joined the Basketball team revealed a bit of that personality.

I could not forget his answer. It stuck like a tattoo and made me realized that people like Hanamiya did exist.

I face-palmed. The slapping sound made everyone flinched again. "I do hope you know what are the possible repercussions of your actions."

I snatched the folder back and left the room with a heavy heart.

I could not believe this.

I had been wanting to stay away from the Basketball club as much as possible.

My phone vibrated and I angrily fetched it from my pocket only to find Hanamiya's phone in my hand.

Did he purposely left the phone there because it would also be his office later on?

A text message had flashed once again and I clutched the phone tighter.

The bell for the first period in the afternoon rung and instead of going back to the office, I turned around and made my way to the classrooms, phone and folder still on my hands.

When I saw the signboard above a particular classroom, I stopped and looked around.

He wasn't hard to find as he was already staring at the entrance with a smirk. His eyes briefly glancing at the folder on my hand.

I went straight to him and placed his phone at his desk. "See me at the office after class before going to your practice."

The sadistic grin on his face became even wider.

"Of course. I will be on your care from now on, Asato-san."

Is that a challenge? Bring it on.