3

[Draco Malfoy]

"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks." Harry replied curtly, implying that i'm the wrong sort, rejecting my offer to be his friend and embarrassing me in front of everyone. Who does he think he is? No one would want to be friends with a scarhead if it wasn't given by the dark lord. Does he know who i am? Me, Draco Malfoy, getting rejected by a silly boy with glasses and a scar with no parents, how dare he.

I glared at the crowd which had formed around us, they quickly dispersed. Clever of them, they knew who i was unlike that Potter. I was plotting to get back at Potter with Crabbe and Goyle for turning me down when there was a tap on my shoulder. Oh great, another person who wants to make fun of me. I turned around irritated, about to tell whoever it was to shove off when i met a pair of brown eyes.

There she was, standing a few inches away from me. Petite, Her long straight hair falling just below her chest. Fair skin,rosy cheeks, red lips. Her big doe-eyes staring up at me with a wide small smile showing off her pearly whites, and she reached out her hands to me unexpectedly. I blinked a few times, making sure that she was really there and talking to me, i realised i haven't blinked in the past half a minute (but neither did she). I may not be the most polite but i know its rude to stare, even if she is incredibly beautiful.

"Hi! I'm Elizabeth Valentine, nice to meet you." she spoke in almost a whisper as if she was shy but still loud enough for me to hear her. Her voice, soft but angelic just like herself. Her smile never left her face, even when i took a awhile to shake her hands because i was honestly still stunned by her beauty and wanting to be friends with me. Elizabeth. What a pretty name for a pretty girl, it suits her.

"Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." i answered in the calmest tone i could muster at that moment, which wasn't very good. I wonder if she could hear my voice shaking.
Her hands was tiny as compared to mine, soft and cold. I don't know what came over me but i didn't want to let her go, and so i didn't.

Before i could speak to her more, Professor Mcgonagall cleared her throat, interrupting us. I let go of her hands quickly turning back to Crabbe and Goyle, both giving me puzzled looks. I don't normally do skinship.
Walking into the the Great Hall, i turned around hoping to catch a glimpse of her and maybe ask her which house she would like to be in if i was daring enough. Hopefully she says Slytherin.
To my dismay, she was no where to be seen. Afterall, she was really petite.

I took my mind off her as the Sorting Ceremony began, telling Crabbe and Goyle how i'm going to try out for Slytherin Quidditch seeker in year 3.

I hopped of the stool after being sorted into Slytherin, as expected. I glanced around, hoping to find her in the crowd, nowhere to be find. Petite.

I waited for her name to be called. Elizabeth Valentine. I said in my head.
"Valentine, Elizabeth." Professor Mcgonagall called out. My prayer has been answered.
I tiptoed, trying to get a better view of her but also not making it too obvious because Crabbe and Goyle were there.

Slytherin. Please be in Slytherin, i begged crossing my fingers. The wait was excruciating. It took a good four minutes before the Sorting Hat yelled "HUFFLEPUFF!".
That was the last time i spoke to her.