14

"Hello ?" Elizabeth's voice echoed through the room. I straightened up.
"Hey." I said as she turned around to face me. Her hair was up in a ponytail, showing off her neck with a tiny beauty mark. We were talking again, first time in weeks. God i missed her.
"It was you ? You asked me to meet you here ?" She asked and i was a little hurt. Did she wanted it to be someone else ?
"Are you disappointed ?" I asked nervous, even though i knew that she would be too nice to say she was.
"No of course not. Just surprised that's all." Yeah i guess that made sense but i still asked her why anymore because i just wanted to talk to her more.

"I'm sorry." I said. I've been wanting to her for the longest time. I just couldn't stand every seconding with her thinking that i meant what i said.
"I didn't mean it Elizabeth. What i said that day. You know that right ?" Tears were starting to form in my eyes. She did know i didn't mean it right ? She had to. Of course i didn't mean it, i loved her.
Just as i was about to break down, she came over and gave me a hug. All the sadness went away and i felt okay again. "It's okay, Draco. I forgive you."
"Are we still friends ?" I asked, practically begging for her to take me back.
"Forever." She said.

They say people's greed knows no bounds. I was grateful before just to be your friend.. But now, why do i not like that word at all ?

"Since we're already here.. why not spend some time here, before curfew."

I held her hands and brought her to the back of the room, drawing the curtains. I looked at her as she admired the room, her lips slighting parted in awe. And i knew it was all worth it. I grabbed the bouquet of Sunflower from the table and mumbled the spell i had learnt from Professor Flitwick earlier today, instrumental music started playing. She took the flowers and stared at them adoringly, is this how i look like when i stare at her ?

"What's this for ?" She asked. Do i need a reason ? Because i love you.
"It's your day so.."
"What do you mean ?" She asked.
"Valentine's Day." I reminded her.
"Thank you, Draco. I love it very much." And i love you very much.
"That's good, i was afraid you wouldn't. Yellow is your favourite colour right ?" I asked, wanting to know everything about her. I saw her wearing yellow often, and not just in her robe.
"Well yes, i love all colours actually. What about you ?" She said.
"Green." I said, Brown.
"You and your obsession with your house colour" She said, i get that a lot.

She reached for her necklace, which i hadn't noticed earlier because it was hidden. She was already wearing it. It looks good on her, everything does.
"Draco ?" She called me sounding worried.
"I want to know you, Elizabeth." I said what was on my mind without thinking.
"You do know me, Draco." She said and i was glad she thought that way.
"Not as much as i want to. Will you tell me more about yourself ?" I asked. I wasn't normally this daring but not talking to her for a month made me really want to catch up with her to make up for the lost time.

She told me about how she loved the early mornings and i told her about why i liked the night. She was just so vulnerable and precious, i needed to protect her.. But what if i was the one she needed protection from ? What if i can't be the one to make her happy ?
It was late. I can worry about that another day. For now, it was just us and i wanted to enjoy every moment of it.

"Shall we dance, my lady ?" I asked taking her hands and putting the other around her tiny waist pulling her closer to me.
I had attended a few balls when i was younger and mother sent me for dance lessons saying women like men who can dance. Thanks, mother. I fell deeper in love with her when her tiny foot stepped on mine every few steps. I guess men must like women who can't dance.

We sat down, i was worried she might be tired. Smile still on our faces until i remembered father's letter. I couldn't keep it from her.

"It's late. We should get going." She said getting up, sounding quite upset. Great job, Draco. You ruined the moment. I chased after her, saying that i should walk her back, she's didn't say no.
"Goodnight, Elizabeth." I said as she was about to go in, without saying goodbye.
"Beth. Call me Beth." She said, "Goodnight to you too, Draco."

"Sweet dreams, Beth." I said under my breath as she shut the door in my face.