seven

"I don't know why I agreed to come with you, Clay." I drew out his name, leaning against the passenger side window.

"So, do you wanna know or are you just here for the joyride?" He taps his thumb on the steering wheel, sighing. Without looking at me, I can already see he really wants me to ask a question about what he knows.

"How'd you know about my parents?" I asked. I wondered that much. I don't even know if I want to know about the earbuds.

"You said what your name was, (First and last), on the first day you got your earbuds." He said, glancing over at me. Shit. I knew I shouldn't have said that. "I did a quick search on you, your parents came up. It was only to confirm the other information I had."

"What is the other information you had?" I asked once again. I'm so terrified to find out whatever this information is. I really don't want to know, but it involves my mom and my dad. And technically me, if we're counting that.

"Those earbuds? The new ones they're working on currently. They're going to be used to control humans. Mind control (Y/n)." He anxiously looked over at me who was staring at him, wide eyed, scared.

"That- that can't be real." I mumble out. "Mind control doesn't exist. They banned it. They banned it years ago. There's no way that's possible. What do you mean mind control? Are you sure?" I looked away, my breathing is shaking, hard. There's no way, right?

"Unfortunately, it is very real." He sighed, turning right into a parking lot. "We are just getting snacks for the ride to my friend's place."

"Who is your friend?" I ask. "Also, can we also get some clothes here because I didn't grab any." I look over to the store only to see that it was a Walmart.

"Yeah, we can get some clothes, tooth brush, snacks, etc. Just enough for light travel though, okay?" He pauses. "And his name is George. He's insanely smart, hacks into stuff, can create fake ID's, passports, other various documents, you name it." He smirks, hoping out of his car and waiting for me to come out. I do so and shut the door with him locking it.

"Can we get food last?" I ask, looking over at him before entering the front doors.

"Yeah, that makes the most sense. So, clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, shoes, a couple backpacks, food, anything else?" He asks, typing stuff down in his phone.

"I think that's it.." I trail away and immediately start picking out clothes.