twelve

I turned the water on and splashed my face with the water. It wasn't really warm, pretty cold in fact. I tried to cool down my face but the longer I thought about the touch, the more my face would heat up. I don't have feelings, there's no way. This man doesn't even like me. He's just using me.

I felt my face cool down.

Yeah, just using me to get to my parents.

I turned the water off and wiped my face dry. I unlocked the door and went back out to see Clay and George eating. "You were in there for a good 30 minutes, you okay?" George asks in between bites.

"Yeah, just washed my face is all." I gave a small fake smile to cover up the blush that may still be left over. I pushed the thought away and looked at the bacon, eggs, and toast, spooning some onto a plate. I go to sit down next to George after getting my desired amount of food and get interrupted mid-sit.

"Come sit by me." Clay pats the empty seat next to him. I sigh and walk around the counter to sit over next to him. I take a seat and dig into the food. Melting to the taste, which is extremely good by the way, taking mouthfuls in of food. "Slow down, you're gonna choke or something." He says, chuckling.

"So." George speaks up, causing me to stop stuffing myself and slow down. "We have to talk."

"You're name isn't really George?" I try to hold back a laugh.

"No. My name is George." He make the aggravated annoyed type of face. "It's about why we need you."

"To get to my parents, yeah?"

"You might know information that we don't have. Passwords and shit." George continues. "We need you just as much as we need you to get to your parents." He begins again but my phone goes off, the burner phone, from an unfamiliar caller. I answered it, holding up a finger.

"Hello?" I said, waiting for the other caller's response.

"(Y/n)??" A familiar voice whispers. "Oh thank god. You texted my phone last night and I didn't text back because I was trying to find my parent's old phone so that I could call and text you without you being tracked, if you're like trying to run away with your soulmate for some sexy time." It was Tay. I let out a breath of relief.

"TAY WHAT THE FUCK!?" I shouted before I put it on speaker, putting my pointer finger over my mouth to tell the boys to be quiet. I placed my phone down on the counter. "Hey by the way. Smart idea, but are you safe?"

"Yeah I am, why? Actually, I don't care. I just found a thread on some old website, reddit? I think that's what it's called. Not a lot of users use it now-a-days because all the people that use it are older, but they're really smart and they went into explanation about what the soulmate earbuds are and do. I can't really get into it, but I'll send the link." She explains.

"About that.." I mumbled.

"I got to go. My parents are making pizza and want some help." Tay said, abruptly hanging up.

"We're not really close so I don't blame her for leaving." I mumbled, looking at the screen, waiting for one of the boys to speak.

"She doesn't know why you're here, does she?" Clay says, looking over at me.

I shake my head, "No. I never told her. Like I said, we're not really close."