the coffee shop

"can I get the vanilla frappuccino?"

~y/n pov~

"MOOM IM GOING OUT" i slammed the front door before my mother could reply. I felt bad but decided to brush it off. I swung my keys and opened the car door. as i started the car i checked if i had everything. Once i finished, I finally drove off to the nearest cafe.

when i was walking down the path i plugged in my airpods and started listening to clairo.
when i settled in and put my laptop and books on the table for 2. I opened everything up and increased my volume as the room was very loud and crowded.

I heard a few girls laughing. I knew it wasn't at me, but it reminded of how I felt judged all the time. I decided to call my friend Tanya to fee better so I paused the music and rang her number. "Hello?" She answered. " Hey I'm at junction street coffee shop to study if you wanna come?" my voice sounded nervous, I knew she would notice it. "are you getting anxious again? You know what, don't answer that, I'm on my way." she hung up before I could say goodbye.

everytime I heard the bell ring I looked over at the door. It took about 10 minutes for Tanya to get here but it was worth waiting.

she kept going on about this person she met named Tommy and how much she liked him. Although I still wasn't sure because she has had liked many guys before and they all didn't end up the best, but I just went along with it. I changed the topic to math homework so we could eventually start studying, but a man's voice caught my attention. "Can I get the vanilla frappuccino?" He asked. I looked over at the counter to see a short brown haired male wearing a beanie and purple sweater.

I looked over back at my work but my mind couldn't focus. I had to meet him. a second later my eyes dashed to look at my laptop as I saw him coming over to my table. "May I sit here?" He asked. gosh his voice was so.
.. what's the word... Charming?... Relaxing?..innocent? I couldn't describe it. i zoned back in to him saying, "hello?" and waving his hand in my face. I looked over to see Tanya gone. I assume she went to the bathroom. I quickly replied to the man. "Oh ..yeah of course! Sorry." "You don't need to apologize." He forgave. "well... Sorry." I did anyways.

He pulled the chair out to sit down and he apologized for having to interrupt. I forgave him and realised that the whole cafe was packed, and all the tables were taken. he lifted his hand and introduced himself. "Im toby." I shook it and said "I'm y/n."

A/n (author note)

Gahh! Sorry for the sudden stop, I just figured I needed to get onto a new chapter.