Chapter 1

3 years later...

     Sirius sprinted  through Kings Cross Station, hardly able to contain his excitement. His parents hadn't come to see him off, but his brother had. Regulus ran behind him, struggling to keep up.  Sirius did not stop until they reached the barrier between platform nine and ten. 

     He stared longingly at it for a few seconds. This was the gateway to everything he had ever wanted. This was an escape from his horrible family and their pure blood mania. "Sirius..?" Regulus was staring up at him, waiting to see what he would do next. "Right," he  said , shaking his head and snapping out of his daze. When he asked his parents how to get onto the platform, they had just started muttering about what a stupid system it was, so he had asked a boy when shopping for his school things in Diagon Alley. The boy had explained that you had to run straight through the barrier. It all seemed to make perfect sense at the time, but now, staring at the solid brick wall, he was a bit more skeptical. 

Nevertheless, he shut his eyes, gritted his teeth and ran forward, until he could no longer hear the crowded streets of London. When Sirius opened his eyelids hesitantly, he gasped; the place was filled with students, some saying tearful goodbyes to their families, others skipping onto a massive red steam engine which could only be the Hogwarts Express. He stared up at it in awe.

Regulus stepped out of the barrier behind him, with a slightly disappointed look on his face.

 "I wish i could come too."

"You will, next year" said Sirius, still staring at the train.

"Yes, but it won't be the same, without you in the house, instead of yelling at mother in the drawing room, you'll be picking a fight in the Slytherin common room."

 At these words, that Sirius finally turned around to face his brother. 

"Did you just say Slytherin common room?" his voice laced with disgust.

"Well....yes" he began tentatively 

"you think I'm going to be in Slytherin?

" Of course. Our entire family has been in Slytherin for generations."

"Just because our family is a bunch of blood status obsessed lunatics who stand for all the wrong things, doesn't mean I am!" he retorted.

Regulus remained silent.

"You repulse me." said Sirius. Then, he turned on his heel and stalked towards the Hogwarts Express, his brothers words echoing in his head.