23. Preparations

E V E R E T T

E V E R E T T

"Okay, we have two preparations committees that will help us prepare this place and three teams of guides. Now we only need a cooking team so we can get to work. Has anyone signed up for the cooking team?" I asked, twirling the pen in my hand.

The student council was gathered in the student council room, preparing for the open day which was already happening tomorrow. We were done with all the plans and now we just needed to execute everything we had prepared so hard for the past week.

"Nope. Nobody signed up for that one."

"What do we do now?"

"We need a cooking team, right?"

"Everett?"

My stomach turned with anxiety as countless questions kept being thrown at me at the same time. I tightened my grip around the pen in my hand and threw my head back.

"Everett?" Lily said, warily.

"Yeah, I know. Just let me think," I said, running my fingers through my hair as my mind ran over ideas. However, every thought ended with a dead end. I was clueless.

Despite being the student council president, the students on the council were the only people I was close to. I hadn't gotten the opportunity to get to know the other students apart from them despising me because of my actions since I arrived at this school.

The other members of the council were able to gather people for the preparation and guide teams because they knew and were friends with the students at this school. Plus, the movie tickets they were getting as a prize for contributing to their help and support. However, if the movie ticket didn't work nor did I have any connections, how the hell was I supposed to form a whole cooking committee?

"I know someone who can help." Lana's sudden words pulled me out of my sea of thoughts and I rapidly glanced at her with my brows raised.

"Who will you find?" Kevin asked, disbelief laced to his voice.

"Kevin," I said, shooting him a sharp scowl. While Lana didn't even glance at him, he rolled his eyes and folded his arms across his chest before dropping his gaze to his laptop screen.

I inhaled a deep breath before cracking a smile at everyone watching me with terribly anxious faces. "Here's an idea. You all gather the decorating teams and start the preparations while I go with Lana to find us a cooking team. Sounds good?"

After the others agreed and started working, I followed Lana out of the room and down the hallway. She was in her usual oversized attire. Today, baggy jeans and an oversized red sweater with her usual brown ratty Uggs.