Eyes

It was about a week after Zenyatta's birthday and everything was pretty normal. Well as normal as it gets if you have a guy like Tony Stark as a father. Zenyatta was in the lab working on making her very own missile. I know what you're thinking, "What?! She's only 15 and she's making a missile?!" Don't worry. Tony lets Zenyatta design and build her own inventions.

Zenyatta is a very smart girl. Tony taught his daughter everything he knows, which is why she was homeschooled. At the age of 12 she managed to graduate college from an online college. Now she's done with school and can focus on her inventions. She was welding the natal together when she heard a voice.

"How long have you been down here kid? It's 2:30 in the afternoon and Jarvis told me you woke up at 10 and been in here ever since. Don't you have a life?" Tony said with a grin.

"Ha ha. Very funny." She replied with a smirk. "I've been working on that missile I was telling you about. It's coming out really good except I can't get some the wiring right."

She picked up the missile. It was only about a foot long.

"Small. Like you." Tony said.

"Hey. For your information I'm actually tall for my age."

It's true. For a 15 year old she was 5'7". Tony was about 5'11 1/2".

"Whatever you say short stuff."

Zenyatta huffed and continued working.

"Zenyatta?" Tony asked.

"Dad."

"I need to talk to you about something important."

Zenyatta looked at her dad with concern. She stopped working and gave her dad her full attention.

"Um... ok." She was nervous.

"Don't worry you're not in trouble." He reassured her, "I just wanted to tell you that... I'm going to Afghanistan."

Silence

Zenyatta starred at her dad with a blank expression. This is what Tony was afraid of.

"What?" She broke the silence.

"I'm flying to Afghanistan. Tomorrow."

Zenyatta's expression changed into sadness.

"Why?" She asked quietly.

"To present that missile. Remember Jericho? The one you helped design?"

"Yeah I remember. How long will you be gone?"

"About a week."

Zenyatta lower her head. Then Tony heard the sound he dreaded the most.

A whimper.

"Baby girl. Please don't cry."

Tony then hugged his daughter and she squeezed him back tightly. Afraid of him leaving.

"I don't want you to go. I hate it when you leave." Zenyatta was now sniffing.

" I know. I do too."

After a few minutes he pulled away but still held her. Tony looked into those eyes that contained so many memories of their times together.

"Don't worry Zenyatta. I'll be back before you know it. And then we can prank Happy again." Tony said while smiling.

Zenyatta laughed. Remembering all of those pranks they pulled. Even a few on Rhody.

"There's that smile." Tony said.

"Ok. Just... be carful. A lot of crazy things happen in Afghanistan."

"Hey. I remember making a promise to you that no matter what, nothing will stop me from getting back to you. I'll always be there to protect you." Tony pushed a stray strand of her naturally curly hair behind her ear, "And every time I look into those bright eyes, I remember what I'm doing all of this for. For you my little heart."

"Thanks Dad. I love you."

"I love you too."

They hugged again and Tony stepped back a step.

"Now. How about one more prank before tomorrow?" Tony said while smirking mischievously.

Zenyatta hopped off her chair quickly, "Hell yeah!"

Both father and daughter raced each other up stairs to prank poor Happy.

However, after tomorrow, Tony will be gone a lot longer than expected.