34. Waiting

Harry's POV

The next couple of hours were excruciating.

   All we could do was sit and wait on updates from the doctor, and just keep our faith that Bea would be okay.

   Eventually Lucy and Garrisons parents came to the hospital. They hugged Mr. and Mrs. Marks and stayed for a little while to hear about everything, and then eventually grabbed their kid and left.

   You could tell by the look on their faces how relieved they were that they weren't the Marks', and especially not the Jameson's.

    They had walked back out from the doors they had enter into only an hour earlier, and none of them spoke as they walked through the waiting room and out the door.

    Didn't matter if we wanted to talk to them, there were no words we had that they wanted to hear right now. Not if they weren't bringing their youngest son back. Mrs. Jameson had walked out carrying Stone's hat in her hand and Lucy had lost it all over again at the sight of that.

    The guys stayed with me for a little while, but they too left after a little while.

    "Check on Gemma for me?" I asked Zayne. "Let her know where I am and what's going on for me."

    "Sure thing." He agreed.

    "Sure you don't want to leave? We could bring you back." Liam asked.

    I just shook my head.

   I had this irrational fear that if I left this hospital, Bea would somehow die. She'd die and it would be my fault because I had left, and I'd never get the chance to tell her how sorry I was, or that I loved her.

   So my ass was staying firmly planted in my seat until a doctor came out here and either gave us good news or bad news.

    "We're going to grab something from the food court. You guys want anything?" Mrs. Marks offered as she stood up from her seat with her husband beside her.

    They had still hardly talked, though not for the lack of effort on Mr. Marks side. His wife just wasn't having it.

    I shook my head, and so did Shannon. Her dad eyed us a moment before he turned and walked off following after his wife through the halls.

    Shannon hadn't muttered a single word the whole time we had been sitting here, not since she had talked to the police. She'd barely even looked away from the floor. If it wasn't for her eyes being opened, she was so quiet and still I would have sworn she was sleeping.

    We sat in seats across from each other, and I had no intentions of being anywhere closer to her ever again. I still hadn't fully come to terms with what exactly she had done in that bedroom.

    "Harry.." she says not long after we're left alone. "Can we talk?"

    I sigh, leaning my head back on the wall behind me. I knew she would do this as soon as we were alone. "About what?"

    "About..everything."

    "That doesn't make any sense, but sure." If she wasn't the sister of the girl I loved, I wouldn't even bother with giving her a response.

    "I am so sorry, for what I did to you. I never should have followed you into that bedroom." 

    "So why did you?"

    I hear her laugh and imagine she's shaking her head at herself. "You'll think I'm shallow."

    "No worse than what I already think of you."