41. Epilogue

Bea's POV

To say the last 5 years had been easy would be a lie. But were they worth it?

   Only ever second.

   Harry and I had really changed that night after he found out my memories were back. My mom and his sister were afraid we were moving too fast, but nothing about mine and Harry's relationship had ever made sense before.

   We communicated with each other, which we both decided was our biggest downfall before. He hated when I did things for him without asking or telling, which to him made him feel inferior.

   I was so worried about Harry liking me and not being obsessed with my sister that I never really paid attention to the small details. He may have not said he loved me back then, but he showed it in so many ways that I never paid attention to.

   People asked me all the time during my high school years if I really wanted to already be tied down to the same guy for the next 3 years.

   And my answer was; abso-fucking-lutely. (Ignore me, I cuss a lot now since almost dying. Weird side effect, I don't know.)

   Being with Harry had never made me feel tied down, if anything, it made me feel free. Like for once in my life, I was taking what I wanted and I didn't give a damn what anyone else thought. And neither did he.

   We always got the weirdest looks when we first started dating again and going around places down town. Especially from the older Downey and Towney people. Must of the kids from our school knew exactly who we were and knew we wouldn't be breaking up anytime soon. It is what it is.

    Our town though, it was finally getting better. They never did rebuild another school, and who would have known that the Downey school being burnt down would have made such a difference.

   Kids in my generation didn't give a shit where someone came from or what their house looked like, we just loved each other regardless. Parents of some of those students that owned prosperous companies started hiring Downey kids and finally giving them a fair chance to make something of themselves and help their families.

    And I was proud of my own Downey, who had bought an old abandoned shop and turned it into his own tattoo parlor. The only one in our town, so he stayed busy as all get out.

   Harry was covered in tattoos now himself, and dear God, I couldn't get enough of him. Or his penis.

   All the guys that worked there for him and tattooed people were kids from both sides of the tracks, and he had customers coming from all over the county to be tattooed by him when people heard how great he was at them.

    "I didn't even know you could draw." I said to Harry, as he removed the blindfold from my face and showed me his new business.

   He shrugged innocently. "I'm not that great at it, but I figure I'll meet plenty of people who are and that'll really get this place going. I can feel it Bea, this is going to work out."

    "Of course it will babe," I walk over and wrap my arms around his waist. "Can I be your first client?"

   "You're 17! Don't have me breaking the law on my first night by tattooing a minor."

    "What if you put it somewhere on me that no one but you would possibly ever see?" I leave a trail of kisses down his neck, and smile against his skin when I see the goosebumps come to life.

    "Yeah?" He asks, his voice gone gruff. "And where would that be?" He hooks his fingers in my belt loops and shoves me back against the mahogany desk at the front of the store.