chapter 13

Emma laid in her dads arms still not completely calmed down, she laid there listening to the agents as they tried to come up with a plan. "We could send him back undercover with a wire" suggested Morgan. "No that to dangerous, I'm not sending him back there" replied Hotch. "what if we go to the media and reveal Magnum is alive then maybe we could draw them out" suggests JJ. "I don't know that's very risky we wouldn't just be putting magnum at risk but his whole family" says Rossi. "Rossi right we would be putting a child in danger" says Hotch. Emma all the sudden gets up. "I'm not a child I'm 17 and if this is the best plan we have lets do it" says Emma. "Ok JJ call a press conference" says Hotch. "Hold on I'm not finished I have a plan" says Emma. "Ok shoot" says Hotch. "Ok so going along with what agent Jareau said we go to the media and we tell them my dad is alive and in police custody but we always have agent Jareau say that he was found trying to dispose of a young teenage girl who was still alive and is now in the hospital in a coma in critical condition and that you don't know who the girl is and she is a jane doe" says Emma. "Emma good plan but how does this help us" asks Morgan. "think about it the mafia boss thinks I'm dead and when he realizes I'm still alive he will send his goons to finish the job so we have me in a hospital room laying in a bed pretending to be in a coma and when the goons come to finish the job you jump out and arrest them" says Emma. "No way we are not putting you in danger" says Hotch. "Your not I'm offering myself up as bait" says Emma. "no I agree with agent Hotchner, its to dangerous" says Magnum. "Dad you gave up your freedom for 17 years to protect me and you, you just throw all of that away to save me. now its my turn to save you." says Emma.

"I don't like this Emma" says Higgins. "I know but this isn't your choice" says Emma. "Fine but you have to keep her safe" says Magnum. "We wont let anything happen to her, you have my word" says Hotch. "You better" says Higgins as she gets up and leaves. JJ gets up to call a conference and Hotch gets the rest of the team and Emma to follow him to another room so they can talk about the plan. "Ok so I got a press conference scheduled for 11 am tomorrow" says JJ. "Great" says Hotch. for the next 3 hours they all went over the plan and the team also decide they would stay at Robins nest tonight to protect the Magnum and his family. "Ok Emma why don't you go ahead and go to bed,its really late" says Prentiss. "Ok" says Emma. Emma goes to her room, Changes into her pajamas and lays in her bed. she lays there tossing a turning for over an hour until she finally decides to go outside for some fresh air. the team was still sitting in the kitchen working on the plan when they saw Emma walk by and head for the back door. "Where is she going" says JJ. "I don't know Maybe she's just having trouble sleeping ,I'll go check on her" Says Rossi. Rossi gets up and heads for the backdoor.

He opens the door and sees Emma sitting on the porch petting Zeus and Apollo. "Cant sleep" asks Rossi. "Yeah" Says Emma. "Your nervous aren't you" asks Rossi. "yeah" says Emma as she pets Zeus. "You know I remember being nervous about my first undercover mission and my late partner and best friend Jason Gideon had just help found The BAU and it was just the two off and keep in mind we didn't have our Private jet back then so we had to drive to all the places we went to of buy a plane ticket on a normal plane which isn't very ideal because we don't always know how long we have until the killer were hunting strikes again and it also isn't very ideal to work a case on a plane were there are a bunch of civilians but anyway we luckily didn't have to travel for this case because it was local and I was tasks as going undercover as a husband trying to pay our seral killer hitman to kill my wife, it was a very easy op I meet him at a café we exchanged money and talked about how I wanted the murder to be done and then after I made the transaction he left the café were about 8 heavy armed FBI agents were waiting to arrest him" says Rossi as he finishes the story. "Wait so you helped found the BAU" asks Emma. "Yes I did although back then we were the Behavioral science unit and we worked out of a tiny room in the basement of the FBI building" replied Rossi. "Your a dad aren't you agent Rossi" asks Emma. "yes I have a daughter named Joy and a grandson named kai but how did you know that" asks Rossi curiously. "You just have that vibe about you, when we first met that was the first thing that I noticed" says Emma. Emma and Rossi spend a little over a hour just talking until Emma decides that she read for bed.

the next morning

Emma sits in the back of the SUV nervous as they drove to the hospital. JJ, Morgan and Reid had left early to get everything ready and to get JJ ready for the press conference. so she was in the car with Hotch driving, Emily in the front passenger seat and Rossi was in the back with her. Rossi looked over and could tell Emma was nervous but trying to hide it. " So Emma have you thought about joining the FBI,I think you would be good at, I think you could even be a profiler" asks Hotch trying to distract Emma. "No and your just trying to distract me" says Emma. "No I'm not I really think you would be good at it, You have great potential to be a great FBI agent if you wanted to" says Hotch. "I never really thought about Joining the FBI" says Emma. "Well I wont lie, we don't really have much of a social life and we travel a lot and are away from our families but its worth it, Knowing we saved a life and brought a family justice as well as closure and this team is like a second family for us" says Emma. "Sounds stressful" says Emma. "It can be but its worth it" says Rossi as the pull into the back side of the hospital. they all get out and take Emma into the hospital as the all hopped and prayed everything would go as planned.

all right as always I hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always the next chapter will be up in the next few days.