baby daddy - cedric diggory

hi, this is a cedric fic as u can obviously tell by the title

cedric diggory x fem mc

warnings: cursing ig (do i even need to include this as a warning? this book literally alr said it'd be incorporating mature content)

also no smut this time, but there will be mentions of sex and infertility

mentions death and anxiety, just typical things someone would feel when they're deprived of something they really want

has things related to pregnancies, menstrual stuff, infertility and all that

plot: mc is infertile, she can't have kids so that's traumatic for her bc she's always us wanted a big family and even tho she can't have kids cedric helps her thru this. (there's gonna be plot twists and cliffhangers dw)

background: she dated oliver wood back in their hogwarts days, they broke up around when he left the school, she got pregnant with his child but got an abortion without him knowing bc she didn't want to burden him and bc she was too young. she's now regretting that decision.

this is a much shorter chapter so i'm sorry abt that but i'll try to update more frequently and they'll be shorter chapters

by the way the parenthesis (like this), are basically an authors note, unless it's between quotations "(like this)" then it's dialogue or in y/n's pov I'm sorry this is probs rly confusing tbh

🏆~~~~~~~~~~💛

"Love, it's alright." Says my husband Cedric, comforting me.

"No it's not! Cedric, we thought it would work, it didn't work!" I say staring at the pregnancy test with one pink line.

Yes, I was hoping for two, but I guess we don't all get what we want.

I've always wanted a child. Too bad we can't have one though.

Well, I've had 3 miscarriages, so my chances of getting pregnant again at 24 are pretty slim considering I couldn't even have one at 22.

"I should've kept that child."

"Oliver's?"  He asks as I simply nod "Love, we were in fifth year, he was leaving the school. It's alright, you weren't ready."

"I can't have a child anymore!" I exclaim.

"We'll keep trying. We'll get a donor, we'll adopt! Anything, darling, I know how badly you've always wanted a big family. If we keep trying maybe we can have a child. If not, we'll go see a doctor."

"I don't want to adopt and I don't want a donor! I want my own children, my own flesh and blood to look after. Someone I love more than myself, who I can teach to do the things my parents taught me snd also the things they didn't. My biggest dream was always to be a mother."

"Look darling, we don't know for sure. It could be me, I could be the problem! We'll keep trying, I promise."

"It's not you Ced. It's not you."